New arrivals launched at jcrew.com and in-stores the other day. Let’s look!
Now, let’s talk. Some of J. Crew’s dress cuts, like the pleated ponte dress ($128), strike me as a bit juvenile. As in lacking sophisitcation. At first glance, I’m assumed to be younger than I am because I’m short. Wearing that type of dress just exacerbates the fact. In contrast, J. Crew nails the sheaths in both fit and color just about every time. I love 99% of the sheaths they make. The new, bracelet-sleeve dress in Italian wool ($198) looks like the sheath silhouette J. Crew does very well. Aaaand it looks like a grownup’s dress.
The distressed high-rise lookout jeans ($128) shown above aren’t new, but I really want to try them. The rips in other jeans I’ve tried hit my shins, not knees — lol — so I need to try a petite size. In addition to the new bracelet-sleeve dress, the following made my wishlist:
- Collection Thomas Mason for J. Crew cocktail shirt ($158) – This is the first Thomas Mason piece I’d expect to be a slam dunk for me. Love the stripes. Love the bow.
- -> look at this model! <- — She’s in the New Balance built-in-bra tank ($50). I don’t work out right now. I’m just excited they’re showcases a fit woman with a regular, non-model body. I love it!
- striped boatneck t-shirt with french logo ($39.50) – I saw this irl on a mannequin. Fabric feels sturdy and not thin. Would look great with the Elsie d’Orsay fringe pumps in cabernet or lucite heels in suede in vintage cabernet.
- textured tie-neck top in polka dot ($138) – This caught my eye in the preview images. I usually avoid buying dots because I never wear them, but I like the addition of white on the placket. Notice the 4 pintucks at the back shoulder. Nice.
- Tippi sweater in embroidered stars ($89.50) – I saw this in-person, too. Of course the metallic stars look good. It’s nice to see them on the reverse as well.
- velvet blazer – It’s nice to see a two-button stance, instead of one-button. Looove the pink color.
Thanks for stopping by…
SHOPMORE gets 25% off of $125+ or 30% off of $200+. Also good in-store. Promo ends on Wed, 10/ 26. The same promo applies to the sale section online. The same promos is going in-store.