1 of 2
J Crew metallic tweed jacket with front pockets (HO15,$198) runs regular 000 – 16 (E5087), petite P00 – P12 (E5702) and tall T0 – T16 (E5703). Color choices are champagne multi and navy multi.
1/6/16 – now $139.99
Size 6P – champagne multi – I’m a 6 or 8P, but there was no 8P to try. I was able to get the 6P on, which is a size down for me in J. Crew blazers. The metallic tweed sparkles and might be too dressy for some traditional, corporate offices. At least too dressy for many of us on a regular day in an office. And yes, it has that Chanel vibe. However, without buttons at the pockets, it’s a little less of a copy.
I was able to button the 6P. If you would probably wear something minimal underneath, like a cami or t-shirt then you might be able to take the smaller of your two sizes/size down one. If you want to wear a buttondown underneath, you probably should stick to tts. Another consideration are shoulders. Mine are average, not particularly broad. I’m wearing the floral lace shoulder top in misty forest underneath the blazer (review below).
My shoes are the calf hair Martinas from a couple years ago. Check out the Factory calf hair D’orsay pumps, Jessica Simpson Mary Jane pumps (under $60, free shipping no code nesc), Sam Edelman pumps (very limited sizing) and Donald Pliner wedges (sale $119.99).
The floral shoulder lace top is very thin, however, this open neckline would be something I’d aim to wear under this jacket. Cotton cami is from Forever 21 ($1.80).
(I can’t get my pic to load!)
T H U M B S U P
2 of 2
J Crew floral lace shoulder top (HO15,$78) runs regular 000 – 16 (E6093), petite P00 – P12 (E6607) and tall T2 – T16 (E6608). Color choices are black, dark poppy, ivory, misty forest and pale rose. Dry clean. 100% cotton.
12/27/15 – misty forest & pale rose $59.99
1/6/16 – all colors now $59.99
(Can’t get this pic to load, either!)
T H U M B S U P
SHOPNOW gets 40% off promo and sale items jcrew.com
Some of my favorites:
* Campbell blazer in sparkle Donegal wool – This is available in regular, petite and tall sizes. The size 8P fit perfectly. I usually don’t like a one-button blazer on me, but the sparkles distract from self-conscious I have about my belly. The sparkles shine brightly, but are small and well placed so you don’t look like a disco ball. I can see this one lasting a number of holiday seasons. I reviewed the matching pants in this post. I’m thinking of wearing the jacket to a NY Day Eve party, but it might be a bit stuffy for the scene. We’ll see.
* Excursion vest in Fair Isle – I haven’t read the online reviews. However, I’m willing to be some are unhappy with the fact that this is a digital print and not woven, wool-like fabric. Think herringbone excursion vest from a couple of years ago. I like the vibrancy of this print and it’s a keeper for me. I size down one in this to XS. It makes a tight fit in the stomach area if I zip it up all the way, but I usually don’t with the excursion vests. My regular size S gapes too much under the arm, and the extra fabric is visible above my chest. For those that don’t own any of the excursion vests, you might want to stay tts if you want to wear this thick sweaters with this.
* Striped t-shirt with bow-embellished back – I tried the red, but I didn’t like the background creme. It had the look of milk after Trix cereal has been floating in it. Not bad. Just not a creme color that worked with my skin tone. The (classic) navy was best for me. I chose size M, which is a little loose but I prefer that. Love the black, too. The ribbons have sparkles.
* Swiss-dot flutter-sleeve top in navy – This top is very prety on. I would expect to be a 6 in this, but there wasn’t one to try. I was able to fit into a 2, so I’d say if you’re in-between sizes you might want to take the lower of your two sizes. Considerations would be a larger chest and/or larger shoulders. If that’s you, you might want to stick with tts. I’d probably go with a 4, which is the smaller of my two sizes. 100% poly, y’all.
Did you shop any of the new markdowns today?
* Contrast floral lace skirt
* Leopard bow gladiator flats ($169.99) – Love these! It’s going to be a great shoe this spring. I usually wear 7.5 in most J. Crew flats and took 7.5 in these. If you have a narrow foot you might want to size down one. My foot is M width.
* Linen cover-up with fringe ($59.99)
* Pull-on pant in floral lace ($99.99)
* Sequin cardigan sweater ($129.99)