J Crew striped t-shirt with bow-embellished back (HO15, E4454, $59.50) runs regular XXXS – XL. Color choices are black ivory (BIV), ivory navy (IVO). and pale buff red (PBR). 100% cotton. Made in the Phillipines.
Currently $39.99 (12/31/15)
Size M – pale buff red – I ordered this online when it first came out and decided to go up a size. There’s a looseness to the M I like. If you’re sans 6-pack, have a Christmas belly, etc.. you might want to size up one like I did. It really fits true to size, though. Another consideration for me was washing it. I used to hang many things and this past year I stopped doing it as much. It needs to be able to go into the dryer on medium. Going up a size also takes away the need to overcare for something so simple.
There’s a keyhole at the back, but no open spaces at the other ribbon points.
I didn’t keep this color. The creme looks like milk that had Trix cereal in it. Not a bad color, just not a match for me. With the marked down price + promo, I got the navy and black. I’ll be ironing the ribbons. They’re going to look better ironed. The ribbon is sparkly on all three tops, fyi. It’s subtle.
SHOPNOW gets 40% off sale items thru Wed, Jan 6. That makes this top $23.99. I also like:
* Campbell blazer in sparkle Donegal wool (net $83.99) – tts, 8P fit best for me
* Contrast floral lace skirt (net $59.99) – Size down at least one. Elastic waist + lots of hip room.
* Excursion vest in Fair Isle (net $59.99)
* Leopard bow gladiator flats (net $101.99) – Love these! It’s going to be a great shoe this spring. I usually wear 7.5 in most J. Crew flats and took 7.5 in these. If you have a narrow foot you might want to size down one. My foot is M width.
* Pull-on pant in floral lace (net $59.99)
* Swiss-dot flutter-sleeve top in navy ($47.99)
Gigi’s Gone Shopping
I’m very happy that I switched from Blogger to WordPress over the past month. However, there’s a learning curve for me. I will try to do 2-3 reviews in a post, but sometimes there will just be one to keep myself in motion here. In the upcoming weeks, I will be reviewing some sold out things like the Collection sequin pull-on pant because I think there we’ll see a lot of popbacks in January.
In 2016, I will still share my IRL pic & review guides for Factory, Regular Price (retail) and Sale (retail). There will be some changes to the content. There are some linking issues that need to be corrected for the current posts.