I’m sure I discovered Meggy D’s blog through a Mothership connection. She has a mix of shoe posts, fashion posts and shares personal, home decorating projects as well. Ones that are inspirational, yet easy to duplicate. Meggy D has irl pics, which you know I love.
1) Meggy D, how would you describe your personal style?
Changing. Creative. Funny. Interesting. I love finding inspiration and trying to recreate from my own closet, with my own twist. Whether it’s inspiration from the runway, catalogs, in-store styling, magazines or bloggers, I’ll find it and I’ll try it!
2) Are you where you want to be with your personal style? If not, in what direction would you like to go?
I am getting there. I’d like to fine tune my style a bit. I’ve been in the trial stage for awhile, and now starting to find what makes me comfortable, but edgy at the same time. I want to layer classic pieces with funky/fun/trendy to mix it up and never get bored.
3) What top items to you feel are essential to almost every woman’s closet, regardless of personal style? Shoes that make you feel awesome – I like slingback peep-toe heels. Crisp button down collared shirt – my choice is in white with light blue or navy stripes…awesome alone or layered. Dresses! Any dress that fits your body right. I could wear dresses everyday…
4) Tell us about one of your most memorable outfits & where you wore it if that was an important part of it.
I have many that are memorable because of where I wore them or the events I wore them too – I tend to tie emotions to things. Beyond that, my current most memorable outfit is when it first started to turned to spring and I broke out my newest and springiest dress! Made me ready for my favorite season.
5) What can fashion do for you?
It’s a creative outlet. Mixing patterns, colors, textures, materials, etc in my outfits, enlightens my creativity in other ways – my home, job, painting, and even the way I see things. I find myself feeling a bit freer, and not just blending in or having to conform to a certain look. It makes me feel like a creative individual.
Thanks again, Meggy D!
Be sure to check out Chasing Davies, stop by say hi, introduce yourself…
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.