Friends & Family kicked off yesterday at Ann Taylor. Save 40% off your purchase online w/FRIENDS40. Also good in-store. Signs are everywhere, no coupon needed. Apparently some items are excluded from the promo online, like the modern stretch all-season pants and some of the other suiting. You might save the 40% off suiting items available in-store, though.
9/21 – Currently $129.99 online. An awesome deal if you’re able to get an addtl % off.
I saw the trench dress when it first came out a few weeks ago. It runs regular 0-18 (349892) & petite 0-16 (351274). The color is called sandy khaki. It’s a very nice, tan khaki. Not dull. No tones of green in it as some have. The color is great.
Size 8 vs. size 6 – Initially there was no 6 to try, so I went fo the 8. It seemed to fit ok, but I wanted to try the 6 to compare. Luckily I found it on the go-back rack. The 6 fit well (right pic), so tts, imo. It looks like it’s pulling at the chest, but that’s just my arm position.
I’m 5’0″ and 38″ bust (fullest part) & 39″ hip. As you can see, the 6 is a little shorter than the 8. The fabric felt great and the dress was so comfortable. I’d say the weight is medium. It didn’t feel thin. It didn’t feel like I was putting on a trench coat as a dress either. It felt like a sturdy dress.
The 8 was looser in the back than the 6. I’m tugging on the 6 so it seems tight across my rear, but it’s not. It fits well in that area. The pockets are black faux leather, which I didn’t think I’d like. You worry about that stuff dating the dress after a season or two. They add interest, though.
I’m in the in striped embellished necklace tee (S). A shirt still fit under the size 6, which is what I’d want. I’d like to be able to wear this with a long-sleeve shirt. Longer sleeves than this one. I have to wear my trusty Loft jeans and some cute booties.
* Dotted mesh lace shift dress – Thumbsup on this one. TTS.
* Faux leather short sleeve dress – Cut didn’t work well for my shape, but it’s a cute style. If it were a match, I’d get a PM. I like the v-neck.
* Faux leather sleeve stripe knit dress – Most of the faux leather pieces were machine washable, if you can believe it. I was surprised. I think this one is machine washable, too.
* Pintuck perfect shirt – I almost got this one. Size PM fit well. Definite thumbsup.
* Striped ruffle sleeveless shirt – Stripes + a subtle ruffle Really cute. It’s poly, but I like the design. I think I’d get a PM in this to bring up the length a bit.