It was at the beginning of July, but feels like eons ago since I had my birthday. I waited until I felt the time was right to use my 15% Anthropologie discount, which wasn’t too long ago. Here’s what was in the box:
* Gathered Hemlock Dress – The floral version is beautiful, but isn’t my personal style. This white/blue pattern might look like stretch marks, according to one or two reviews. *lol* I was able to try it on ( thank yooooou stretch!) and it looks pretty good (S). Still waiting to see what I think in a few months.
* Glass Glow Shift – The colors are electric. If you have a darker skin tone, this is a beauty. Questionable fit, based on reviews. Apparently it’s better for straighter figures, fitting like a sheath. I have a S & M and will be able to try them post-partum. Hurrah for Anthro’s generous return policy. I could sort of get the M on and it seemed to fit better than S. I’ll just have to wait to be sure. I don’t feel bigger in my upper body, but there has to be some gain there. I’m not completely convinced on the pattern for me either, but it is certainly pretty.
* Counting Angles Dress – There is an interior slip which provides complete coverage of your bra, plus the slip can be worn solo. So it’s potentially two dresses in one. Based on the reviews I ordered a XS. The interior slip looked super small so I exchanged it for a S. Looking forward to seeing if this is a keeper or not. It’s in the same vein as the gathered hemlock, but the patterns seem different enough in the event I end up wanting to keep both.
* Texture Bowtie Sandals – I tried these in-store and my most common size of 7.5 fit, versus size 8. I couldn’t decide in-store since I wasn’t near a mirror. I figured I’d try them at home. They’re quite unique and might be worth getting used to as far as walking in them. Feeling that the sandal is slipping off is was one of the online complaints. My left foot was fine, but my right foot didn’t feel anchored in well enough. I decided I could trip in them, knowing me. Returned. Too bad because they’re really cute.
* Ride The Wave Poncho – Covers up a multitude of torso ‘sins.’ I love the yellow & natural. Most likely a keeper for sure. I was able to fit both XS and S and settled on the XS. It definitely runs on the bigger side. Reviewers think it hangs oddly and that can easily happen. I think it’s different and I like the colors, so it’s worth the fuss to drape the material in an attractive way.
* Soft Shoulder Vest – I saw this on Ginger Girl. I don’t have a pair of cute dimples like she does, but I have one dimple. Check. And I have a tiered top to try like she has. Check. And jeans, of course. Check. I had a grey vest like this from Macy’s around winter time, but it was simply too big under the arms so it went back. I absolutely loved this vest. Got a S/M.
DSW ($5 off a purchase)
Banana Republic ($15 off a purchase)
Piperlime ($15 off $60 or more)
Talbots (10% off, good one day)
Hell, I even got one from Arden B (20% off regular price in-store or online) and I haven’t purchased anything there in eons.
Who are some of your favorite retailers that offer a birthday discount or gift?