It’s been exactly one month since I started using the Clarisonic facial scrub appliance thingie. Excuse my eloquence. I’m in a rush. In this post I promised I’d follow up, so here is the news. I haven’t had any zits blossom to full fledged zits since using it. I can feel when one is coming on, but I have faithfully used the Clarisonic and have had no issues with zits coming to a full head. To recap, I have combo skin. It’s normal everywhere except the T-zone, where the oil springs up from time to time and tries to cause trouble. The Clarisonic comes with a cleanser and a rep jumped in on the thread to inform that it’s paraben free. I have only used it a couple of times. I used it last nite and the residual smell was nothing to write home about. I will use it when I feel like I need to shake up my regular choice of products, which are as follows.
Products I use are:
* Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Facial Cleansing Lotion – I chose this and the one below because they’re paraben free. I’m trying to make small changes like that in products I use. I wouldn’t say I’m hard core about it, but I’m trying.
* Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae with Grape Seed Extract Moisturizer SPF 15 – This one smells a bit odd. I can’t say the smell has grown on me, but I am used to it now. I like that it has SPF>
* Murad Clarifying Cleanser – This is part of the acne collection, which has worked wonders for me in the past. I used the cleanser, moisturizer and the spot treatment. Now I just use the cleanser when I feel a zit coming on. I’ve used the spot treatment once or twice as insurance when I get that feeling on my skin. I started Murad w/the $30 kit. Not sure they still sell that starter kit. Murad is the thing I always go back to when I’m having issues. Seems like I’m leaving those days behind by using the Clarisonic regularly.
I also use witch hazel and rose water. My routine is to cleanse w/the Clarisonic. I use a washcloth to get all the soap off. Tone with witch hazel. Spray with rose water. It feels so refreshing. Then I moisturize. If I were hard core w/skin care, I would probably use Vitamin C in the daytime and a repairing nighttime serum, selected from SkinCeuticals. But, in the interest of $ and again, not being as much into skin & makeup as I am into fashion, I don’t currently use those products.If you didn’t know, they say your skin/hair get used to products if you continue to use them for long periods of time. It’s good to switch to a different brand and then switch back to reclaim the results you may have seen when 1st using the products. I find that really to be the case w/skincare.
Check out Shoa’s personal experience w/the Clarisonic in this post on her blog. She’s also a runner, for those interested. My running is limited to my mouth and…well, that’s about it right now. Not even on the treadmill. Oh, I contacted Clarisonic based on an email they sent to me or something. I can’t recall. I asked if they would sponsor a giveaway for the blog, but the rep said they had limited supply. *lol* I tried! Moving on…
Practically free! – I love kitchen sink remedies. I swear I had a Let’s Talk post on the topic and cannot find it. I’ve searched high & low over a period of time & don’t see it. I don’t know if I deleted it somehow, but I know it exists. I decided to integrate witch hazel into my regimen after a tip that Andi of Saltwater Dreams left in the thread.
* Dr. Oz cellulite remedy scrub – I haven’t tried, but always been curious about the scrubs w/coffee grinds.
* Under the Table and Dreaming – Not hard to guess which artist/band Stephanie Lynn might be a fan of. She has directions & pictures for a lemon sugar hand scrub in the link there. This is a very pretty post and an inspiration for gift giving. I would totally make this for someone I think might use it. Like meeeee!
* Clean your cell phone. I put a little rubbing alcohol on some tissue or a cotton puff and wipe.
Back to the Clarisonic. It can be found at a number of places, so you might do some research to find out the best price for you. I don’t regret getting the one w/out the cradle, the Mia ($149). I store it in my shower as recommended by Kathy (Two Hands Full of Daisies). You can check QVC, which may work well for some if they still have flex or easy pay on it. I was able to apply $50 or so in Citicard rewards towards mine. Or you can use BELLA20 at SkinStore for 20% off. I believe they have free shipping on $49 or more.
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.