I visited an Old Navy today! I haven’t gone into the store in eons because I haven’t been able to get onto the Gap family websites for months. I prefer to be able to compare in-store vs online prices and promos. Also, sometimes I simply want to buy later and online.
I recently realized I could have a cookie issue. I’ve tried to resolve it, but only got halfway lucky with the result. I can get onto the site & see the pics, but I can’t make a handy widget to easily share the photos here. I have text reviews for you, for the moment, to fulfill my goal of getting the info to you asap.
The usual production shortcuts are there. No pockets on many of the dresses. However, in many cases, the fabrics are substantial and the designs are fun. It’s good to see Old Navy bringing good spring again.
Embroidered stripe gauze shift – Size S – Don’t see it online. Reminds me of Madewell. Also comes in white, which I purchased (S).
* Embroidered accent chambray shift
($39.94) – This fit exactly in size S and comfortable. Another dress
without seaming or pockets. However, pintucks at the chest give an
interesting design element. It’s usually the type of mini pleats that
make a big chest look bigger, but I didn’t feel that was the case. TTS. Thumbsup.
* Gauze split-neck top ($26.94) – This one is an almost. I tried on XS and S. I would probably go with the XS. More details when I put up the review. I like the concept, but a design tweak could’ve made a big difference. Size down one. Unless you’re tall you might need the bit of extra length.
* Handkerchief-hem gauze tank ($22.94) – I liked the concept, but not the handkerchief hem. I think it will be unflattering to some hips, if it hits in the wrong place. I tried on the color called red stripes, which I liked. The top was a miss for me. Will be more specific once I see the photos again and post the review. I believe it was TTS.
* Jersey shift dress
($24.94) – This is online only. However, if it’s the same fabric as the
striped one I saw in-store — and don’t see online — it’s a nice,
* Linen-blend fit-and-flare dress
($32) – I decided to ignore vanity and try a M. Sometimes these cami
tops have no give. I didn’t notice the stretchy panels on the sides. The
M fit well once I adjusted the straps a little bit. They adjust as you
would a bra strap. Too bad there aren’t pockets, but that’s a small
qualm. It’s a very cute dress. A basic style some of us own or have
already owned. If you haven’t tried this style or need a new one, this
might be for you. TTS. Thumbsup.
I tried it on with the denim vest in light wash
($32.94), which was a cute look, even if it’s not my personal style. I
thought I was picking up a S, but it was a Tall S. It felt tight. I
would probably get a regular M. Note there is distressing on the vest. Consider sizing up one, esp with a fuller chest. Thumbsup.
* Sleeveless jersey romper ($34.94) – I didn’t notice this one in-store. Sharing because it has good ratings. 4 color choies.
* Sleeveless striped shirt dress ($32.94) -This one had potential. I don’t do athleisure. If I’m going to the gym, I usually don’t run errands in my gym clothes. This dress is the type of gear I’d reach for if I had to make a store run or run errands after the gym. The small fit well, but the cut make it pucker around the waist area. As with many dresses and tops these days, there are no darts or seams to give shape to the dress. Pass for me. I do think it would be cute on the right figure. TTS. 11:30 thumb.
* Strapless linen-blend dress
($34.94) – I didn’t notice this one in-store. It’s currently on sale
online for $20 & $28 + 20% off with SUPER thru 6/7. In-store and
online prices usually don’t match, fyi, unless they’ve changed things.
* Striped linen-blend shift dress ($32.94) – Very Madewell. Check out the mommy & me version ($19.94) version. I liked how the dress looked on the hanger, but wasn’t in the mood to deal with the no bra issue. It also comes in a blue stripe print, and the star print chambray shift. looks like the same cut.
ETA => I went back to check out the blue striped linen-blend shift dress, but it wasn’t in-store. I looked it up online and it’s nowhere near me, not even in the SF flagship. I ordered it online with SUPER for addtl 25% off. Check out the lighter blue mommy & me version ($19.94).
SUPER gets 25% off your order online thru Sun, 6/7.
SAVE gets 20% off your purchase in-store. Click here to load the retailmenot coupon. Show it at the register. It worked for me. I bought the Madewell-esque dress that I shared a pic of above. I got it in white. I don’t see either color online. There’s another top I tried on and don’t see online. It was all white, cotton. I might have to go back and get it.
For Mini Gi, I got the toddler tutu dress ($16.94), which was 40% off. It’s a really good deal, especially given that it’s been excluded from promos in the past. They were all regular price in-store + 40%, but each color is a different price online.
Will try to get the pic reviews up soon.