Gigi welcomes guest blogger…
Hello everybody, I am Ema from My Closet, My Baby and I and I am absolutely thrilled to be here to entertain you while Gigi is taking a well-deserved “maternity leave”. Congratulations to the new mommy and I hope that she will be back soon with plenty of pictures of Mini G! If you follow my J Crew-centered blog you have probably already seen/heard about a few of the following, but after years of buying almost exclusively J Crew I am “branching out” this season and I have included some of my Fall favorite from other brands. So what I am mostly looking forward to this Fall? These are my picks:
1) Zara online store. Hands down, the biggest fashion event for American shoppers this Fall. The Spain giant went finally online this September 7th with free shipping and free returns to boot. Well done, Zara! As someone who comes from Europe, where Zara has been around for much longer than here, I came to really appreciate always fashionable but affordable and generally well made clothes. If you were inspired by something that you saw on the runaways, you can be sure that Zara has something similar (if not identical) for a fraction of the price. But they also manage to have classic and work-appropriate pieces that you can wear year after year. If you have been disappointed by the J Crew Teddie dress, checkout this red dress (for a third of the price):
2) A new length skirt. Midi is the new mini and you need at least one skirt in this new length in your Fall wardrobe. JCrew has several midi skirts this season but my absolute favorite one is the Madewell flutterfall skirt in barely beige. I saw and tried this one in store and it is absolutely gorgeous in the barely beige color, even if very delicate. Definitively an early Fall item to wear barelegs or very sheer tights. This is the other color it comes in:
3) J Crew cashmere cable sweater. This is absolutely worth the splurge, it is their softest and plushest cashmere to date. I have the light camel color but I will pick another one for sure when it goes on sale at the end of the season (or hopefully, before).
4) A preppy blazer. If you are going for the Gossip Girl look, the J Crew schoolboy blazer in academy stripe is a must.
5) If I could choose an entire Collection and have it gift-wrapped and sent to my door, courtesy of a secret admirer, I would choose the Milly Fall collection. The 70s inspired (very YSL) with ladylike touches collection is absolutely gorgeous. Check it out here. My favorite are this bow jacket:
Thank you for reading and again, congratulations to Gigi!