THANKYOU gets 30% off across the Gap family brands — Banana Republic, Gap & Old Navy. If you’re a cardholder, you’ll save 35% off. Now that’s how you treat cardholders! The promo started yesterday and will end today, 10/2.
I don’t know if the fur military cape makes me sad or scared. The concept is a definitely a little frightful. Just in time for Halloween! (slaps knee) I don’t think I’d want a canvas cape w/a faux fur collar. At least the collar is detachable. Dear Gap. I was over the moon with your brilliant comeback for late summer/early fall. Do that. Not this.
My Gap picks. I ordered a couple pair of Old Navy colored skinny jeans for Mini G, but they didn’t work out. I ordered 12-18 mo and she’s just too small for that size right now. And the pants were a poly blend and totally felt like it. Cute as the colors were, I just couldn’t do it. Instead, I’ll try the baby legging cords which are 98% cotton.
* Fur twill parka – This makes more sense than that cape. Faux fur detachable on this one, too. Thumbs up for that.
* Chambray boyfriend pocket shirt – This basic is indispensible. I find the look always worth sharing.
* Faux placket shirt – I don’t get what’s faux about the placket. Looks like there’s a placket to me, just no buttons or anything on it. I like the slightly blousy look to it and that it’s machine washable. I don’t know about these types of tops as mom gear, at least not for me. If I don’t get it out of the dryer right away it’s wrinkle city. Ironing only happens every couple month.
* 1969 legging cords – I touched these the other day. They’re soooo soft. I guess they’re a bit weird in that the cord isn’t very raised. It’s kind of flat like a brushed cotton, from what I recall. But I was in a rush. I do know for sure they were very soft and the colors are beautiful. I was going to order this new vermillion color, because I didn’t want to wait for the wool capris in modern red to go down again in price. Plus, wash-n-dry cords are more up my alley than dry cleaning.I ended up finding something else for $40, somewhere else that I’ll share in the next day or two. Not pictured is the printed calf hair belt, which is only $30 before the promo. Looks pretty good.
Oh, Old Navy. Not excited about much, based on their current web offerings.
* Jersey tie-belt maxi dresse – To be honest, I’ve been waiting for this to go down in price & then maybe buy. PM fit well. The weather has stayed hot since I bought/returned it, so I can continue to wait.
* Embroidered sateen skirt – I have 3 of these (no lively ivy for me) and don’t feel one iota of guilt. I wear “polly purple juice” the most and pair it with a JC ballet button tee (M). Done.
* Perfect cord pencil skirt – If this fits like other items in ON’s “perfect” offerings, it will be a winner. They usually do a nice pencil skirt. I’ve seen the colors in-person and they look great.
* Lightweight tie-hem sweater – Not a huge fan of this gathered sleeve because they can look too puffy just above the elastic. But it’s pretty much the only sweater at ON that I think is cute right now.
* Brooch necklace –
* A-line leather skirt – I like this. I’m going to guess the leather is pretty good, too. If I wore this I would try my best to make it casual and treat it like a regular cotton or wool skirt. Wearing a silk blouse with it might be too 80s for me.
* Faceted stone bracelet – I’ve tried this on irl and had to stop myself from getting it. I stood with it on for about 5 minutes, put one on the baby. Passed because of the number of bracelets I have.
* Sloan fit slim ankle – If the Minnies don’t work for you, try these.
* Marilyn pencil skirt ($89.50) – We like this color for fall. Also comes in black and white (?). 60% rayon, 40% wool. I wonder what it feels like. I haven’t seen it in-store the websites in-store stock search feature doesn’t show it as available near me. Makes me think it might be online only.
A glorious 20% off with ends today. Same code of THANKYOU.
Are you shopping this sale or did J Crew’s recent promo getcha?
(Thought it would be a Mini G order only, but will 99% likely add the Liberty leopard print scarf in camel. I love the lighter colored print).
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.