A very dear friend took the three of us to see The Nutcracker the other nite. It was Mini’s 2nd time seeing a live theatre show, but her first time seeing The Nutcracker. I waited until the closing week of the show to coordinate everything and we had to go to the 7p show in order to be seated together. Lesson learned. IShe didn’t get to bed until 10:30p! Woke up at 4:30 and then at 7a for good. We finally got her to nap around 2p.
I meant to order a Nutcracker cd to play for a couple weeks prior so she would recognize the music. It turns out there are at least a couple pieces on our Baby Einstein cds and I think they watched some of The Nutcracker at school. Oh! And my Zumba Core has Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, so she totally recognized that.
I didn’t plan ahead at all and ended up throwing an outfit together. This was my 3rd combo. The fringe tank was awesome. When I put it on, I knew that was the thing to wear. We’re California casual here. So I swapped out plaid pants — that I kept trying to make into an outfit — for comfortable jeans, the falsetto pumps and the rest. The pumps are very comfortable. My faux fur scarf is a pull thru from J. Crew Factory/2013, but I wore it slung around the neck. Similar at Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack and Nordstrom.
That nutcracker is pretty big. We’re both standing up. (slaps knee). The lipstick is M.A.C. Red (my daily makeup info) And introducing Dogga! Mini G’s pillow pet. We have 2 at our house and 1 at my mom’s. If your child falls in love with a stuff animal, get 2 of them. You will thank me later.
* madewell blazer coat (sold out, sz 6) – Forever 21 knockoff – Lol at the reviewers who didn’t read the product description accurately. The collar is shrunken, not the coat. And this one at Bloomingdale’s – isn’t quite as long, but it looks nice.
Have you seen any holiday shows?
How about a $25 J. Crew gift card giveaway? If you made it this far, thank you for reading. I appreciate all of you that read, whether you comment or not.
- One $25 J. Crew gift card giveaway – not sponsored by J. Crew (duh)
- Leave your email address in a comment. That’s it.
- A comment without an email address IS NOT AN ENTRY. You need to leave an email address, or I’ll assume you skimmed/didn’t fully read the post or don’t want to enter.
- One entry per/person.
- Entries accepted until Christmas, 12/25 at 8:59pm.