An automatic 20% off is applied on pants at J Crew, in-stores & online. The offer expires today, 9/23. ETA –> the 20% is off prices ending in .00. There is not an additional 20 % off pants ending in .99. Now…on with the pants!
Cupro Élan trouser – Size 6 – Pictured are navy & mushroom. Both are size 6. I really love these pants. They will not be for everyone. There is a wash to them like sandwashed silk. It looks like a white sheen. A drapey crotch is not for everyone, but it gives me room for my figure as it is now and if I go up or down in size within my range of 5 lbs, I should be ok. Wearing pants that fit exactly to the body isn’t feeling too fun right now, except for a couple pair of jeans I got. Some people will rave about one thing and another person doesn’t like. I hope it will be helpful for me to give more of my perspective on where I am mentally when I try things so you can better gauge if it might work for you or not.
Super 120s Élan trouser – Size 6 – Heather graphite, I believe. As I said in another post, the Élan get quite wrinkled. I had spent a lot of time in the car and that’s the result. I guess if you’re in an office and you need to be more presentable than this, you could try the travel size Downy wrinkle releaser before greeting clients, etc…
* Bi-stretch wool Minnie pant – I have the denim Minnies from SP10. I didn’t think they’d work, but tried them on my per PS and like them very much. It wasn’t the case w/these Minnies. Irl pics
* Denim Minnie pant – I have these in size 4. I usually take 6 or 6P, so I can confidently recommend you to size down one. I didn’t think they’d work, but tried them on my per PS and like them very much. It wasn’t the case w/the Minnie above, which was not a PS rec come to think of it.
* Glen plaid Minnie pant – on Notes From the Dressing Room
* Stretch twill Minnie – These run regular 00-14 (18850), petite 00-12 (24645) and tall 0-14 (24646) – on 1 More Shopping Blog
* Woolen twill Minnie – These look pretty in the taupe. I can’t comment on fabric or fit.
* City-fitSuper 120s herringbone pant – I’ll bet these look cool in-person. They only come in regular sizes, fyi. I almost always stick to petite sizes. Tailoring a regular 4 or 6 doesn’t work for me. $100+ may feel steep, but it’s worth the cost per wear for trousers. I have 3 pair of Ralph Lauren trousers similar to the Super 120s and I have never looked back at the price. I think I’ve had them for 3 years now.
* Super 120s cropped trouser – My guess is the fit is very similar to the Élan, but no pleating. These are in the final sale section and more than 20% off. You might hold out until the next promo. Beware of the cropped inseam length they give. I adore it for my height, 5’2″. It’s ankle length. Other short bloggers have preferred an even higher length. I imagine some of you that are tall are ‘over’ trying to work the cropped pant because the inseam is too short. Regardless of fit, I always love the Super 120s fabrics.
* Waverly chino – I’d like to try these. I had J Crew’s regular chinos, which I was very fond of. They were a bit belled at the bottom and I didn’t like that, so I ended up not wearing them too much. This fit is supposed to have a narrower leg towards the bottom, but not nesc tapered.
Markdowns – Some are already sold out, but you might note prices if you want to look for popbacks in the future.
* Beaded stamp tee – now $14.99
* Bettina cami – now $19.99 – Irl pics
* Calista cami – was promo’d at $59.50, now $49.99 – Irl pics
* City safari pant – now $29.99
* Collage-dot Seraphina gown – now $89.99
* Featherweight cotton tipped pocket cardigan – now $19.99 – Irl pics
* Cotton-wool ruffle popover – now $49.99 – I haven’t tried it, but it was very popular in store.
* Glen plaid ruffle skirt – marked to $59.99 in-store as of last week, now $49.99 – Irl pics (scroll or control+F)
* Island paisley pocket cardigan – now $29.99 – Irl pics
* Jenna’s cardigan – newer fall colors now $49.99 – Irl pics on Kelinda.Kelinda here and here.
* Katelyn ruffle cardigan – now $29.99 – Irl pics
* Knit chemise – now $29.99 – Never noticed this one at regular price.
* Merino coquette sweater – now $34.99 – I look for price cuts two ways. The first way is the long, tedious way and that’s by scanning the sale section to see what catches my eye. The second way is to use my Shop It To Me email alert or account. It only gives the sale items in the sizes I’ve pre-selected on my account, which is why I scan the sale section later to make sure I hit other. What’s interesting is that this sweater didn’t show up online for me on the site, but it showed up in the email. It’s good to use both because now I know this price & can look for a popback if I want.
* Merino shirred cardigan – now $29.99 – Irl pics
* Merino silvana cardigan – 20% promo last week, now $79.99 – Irl pics
* Novo stripe bomber blouse – now $69.99
* Peekaboo sequin cardigan – now $29.99 – Makes me wanna hurl. Oh well. I felt good w/the price I paid at the time. Irl pics
* Scalloped zipper cardigan – now $29.99 – Insanity! Irl pics
* Sequin studio sweatshirt – now $29.99 – May have already been price cut, but new to my eyes.
* Silk and wool ruffle shell – now $29.99 – New price cut to my eyes. Haven’t tried/seen in person. Looks like a silk/wool version of the Coralie cami.
* Silk and sequin scoopneck tee – now $89.99 – Irl pics
* Tissue double ruffle tee – now $29.99 – New price cut to my eyes. Haven’t tried/seen in person. It’s online.com only.
I’ll be coming back to add pics of the matchsticks cords.
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.