J. Crew bow-shoulder top in stripe (SU16, F1709, $118) runs 000 – 16. The coloris called cobalt classic stripe (CCS). 100% cotton, decoration: 100% viscose. Machine wash.
Size 8 – There was no 4 or 6 to try. I kind of liked the extra room that the 8 provides. It makes the top looser in the body where I need it. The bow feels like grosgrain ribbon. I was able to get it to to lay straight (left pic). It’s long enough to tie, but just short enough to make it a little difficult to do so. First attempt was the pic on the right.
My pants are retail J. Crew, from last year I believe. There’s a similar offering at J. Crew Factory. Over there, CARDPERK gets 20% off your purchase w/your J. Crew card.
Size 6 is probably the more accurate fit, making it tts. For size reference I’m 34DD and 5’0″.
A bow & stripes? You think I’d be all over this. I find ticking stripes a little busy. I was also thinking I could pin a bow to any tank that I like. I’d probably still consider this one, though. Cuz stripes.
New Arrivals & Promo
New arrivals are up at jcrew.com. SUMMER gets 25% off your purchase. CARDSONLY gets 30% off your purchase. Free shipping no minimum today, Tue, 5/17 only. Some exclusions. If the item is eligible, you will see the promo info in red on the product page.
* classic short-sleeve dress in gingham ($118) – Black and white. Regular, petite and tall sizes. This silhouette was released last year. I reviewed the soft lamé dress last summer. The shirtdress style is cute, but the oversize sleeves can be a bit Judy Jetson like.
* flamingo print top – Cotton, online only.
* gingham short-sleeve dress ($128) – Not promo eligible, regular & petite sizes, note that it’s online only
* mini skirt in nautical stripe ($69.50) – The cut wouldn’t work for me, but this is cute. Cotton.
* off-the-shoulder dress in cotton poplin ($69.50) – The first release was in chambray and is sold out in petite sizes. This option comes in white and bold red (orangey) with sizes choices in regular, petite and tall.
* popover shirt in melon plaid ($78) – Standard (partial) button-front, pretty pinks
* promotion dress – Regular, petite and tall. Five color choices. The tuscan olive is my favorite.
* short sleeve candy stripe popover ($78) – Regular, petite and tall sizes – I prefer J. Crew’s more vibrant colors. Note there is no shoulder seam. The candy stripe dress has a shoulder seam. Regular and petite sizes.
* short sleeve vintage plaid popover ($78) – I like this color blend of purples, pink, white and blue.
What do you think about this rollout? I like it ok, but the last one really got me excited. I’m still stuck on some of the pieces like the tie-wrap gingham ankle wedges, which I’m waiting for on backorder.