J Crew’s double-zip sweater (HO13, 08428, $98) runs XXS – XL. The color choices are black & garnet. 100% wool.
Size S – This size felt a little big. I guess that leaves room for layering, so keep that in mind. I would try on XS for myself just to be sure. I found the wool to be soft and not scratchy. It didn’t bother my skin. I love the garnet color. It’s in the vein of warm burgundy, from last year.
What are we supposed to do with these zips? I wouldn’t wear the sweater like this. Granted they’re fully unzipped. I reckon I’d still look half-dressed if I left I left them half unzipped.
Embroidered jewel earrings – I saw these on a SA and fell in love with the way they looked on her. I decided to masquerade as a normal person in the store that day; no nut jobbery. This meant not asking to touch her earrings. She probably would’ve taken them out so I could see them, but decidedto wait until mine arrived to find out if the backing was a felt on cardboard. Every time I looked at those earrings online, I envisioned a felt cardboard-type backing.
I would describe the packing as a slightly puffy satin. Navy satin fabric. It’s flat. They’re not puffy. I don’t know what’s inside of them, but it reminded me of how the electric plaid pencil skirt feels. In that review. Well Fed Fred (blog) said the skirt likely had a quilted duvet. I would say the same about the earrings, only an even thinner interior for them. I’ve seen similar earrings online, specifically these pyramid jewel earrings from ASOS. I’ve resisted ordering them because sometimes the original thing you had in mind is the thing you need; not something similar. I didn’t want to waste time or money until I at least give the J Crew jewels a chance. I’m happy I did. I love the colors of the stones. They’re very rich and have the right amount of sparkle. There’s clear, a pale amber tone, chocolae, pale mint (the big one) and the boulevard green. Or maybe the green is actually pagoda blue like the pear necklace ($150). In any case, all of the colors are beautiful and I love that they will mix well with past and present J Crew gear.
10/30 – new cuts & likes
* Collection metallic marigold top ($129.99) – The tipping at the neck and arholes is cute. The pattern probably isn’t for me.
* Collection Ratti paisley shirt ($299.99) – Another one cut last week. Why is everything sky high? I get that they want to offer specially sourced fabrics and other materials, but so many things seem way out of the price point I’d expect for J. Crew. If I wanted that type of gear, I’d be at Saks or Neiman’s.
* Contrast-trim silk blouse ($99.99) – Also went on sale last week. I like this one.
* Crystal leaves statement necklace ($99.99) – Every time I see a knock off of this, it makes me want to buy it. The knockoffs look more pale in color. More blue than grey. I am really thinking about the retail. I didn’t like how high it was on the neck, but an extender could fix that – review
* Jeweled-collar boy blouse ($128) – I think this went on promo last week.
* Leather-sleeve top in stripe ($99.99)
Regular Price – Irl Pic Guide (Oct 2013)
25% off of $150+ with SHOPNOW
25% off no min with SECRET
Sale – Irl Pic Guide (Oct 27, 2013)
25% off of $150+ with SHOPNOW
you can stack 25% off of $150+
30% off everything with SALE30