1 of 4
Factory printed textured cotton dress in leopard (FA16, A5222, $118) is not online as of 9/3. When it shows up, it should be under this link. The color code is ILE (? + leopard?). 100% cotton, 100% cotton lining. Dry clean. Made in the Philippines.
Size 8 – I haven’t purchased any Factory sheaths, but I find them to run smaller than retail. In retail I’m always a 6. A size 8P is a regular 6 equivalent. That would make sense for me on the retail side, but I would’ve expected to have to size up to a 10P in Factory. The short version? TTS aka true-to-size.
The dress fit fine under the arms even though it’s looking a little high up in the left pic. In the right pic, my pointer finger and middle finger are resting on the 2 pleats. They didn’t seem to add visual weight. The print has a shot at doing that, but I didn’t find that to be the case. Yay for bra keeps in the strap area.
Personally, I’m not a fan of the bluish grey color that’s in the print. I wish it were the same as the skirt and sweater currently available. The skirt is reviewed below and the two leopard sweaters were reviewed in this post.
I liked the fit and the feel. I love the pattern, too. Not a fan of the color print for me, as described above. Solid dress, though. Gotta love cotton + cotton.
2 of 4
Basketweave pencil skirt (FA16, $85) runs regular 00 – 20 (B8203) and petite P00 – P12 (B8212). The color code is ivory leopard (ILE). I believe this is 100% cotton, 100% cotton lining.
Size 8P – I had 4 different sizes in the fitting room. This one was the first and only one I tried. It seemed to fit fine in length and everywhere else. I can see it looking great in at least 5lb less, but I’m over buying for post-surgery and post-weight loss. It has to look and fit right today.
I tried it with the drapey scoopneck in black. It’s an easy look. I also see a black, turtleneck sweater with it and red lipstick. I’m not convined the look currently suits me. I still love leopard, though and I like the scale of this print.
Lots to love about this one; color, print scale, fit, fabric. Wish it had been a match for me.
3 of 4
Drapey scoopneck top runs regular 00 -20 (F1056) and petite P00 – P12 (F1058). 100% poly. Color choices are black, ivory, raspberry, reef blue, tuscan green and warm red. I don’t think the petite comes in tuscan green.
Size 4 – I wear 6 in J. Crew retail and sometimes 4. So, size down one or take the smaller of your two J. Crew sizes. I would expect to be a 4 in this in Factory because I know their basic poly tops are roomy.
I’m not a fan of the poly fabric used on the Factory side. The retail poly has performed very well for me, looking good on-camera in auditions. This poly is thinner and floppier. It seems to shift more on the body, which doesn’t work for me in work and bugs me in general. Great colors, great workhorse silhouette. Can’t get behind the fabric, personally.
4 of 4
Golden giraffe cuff (FA16, $) – I can’t even guess my write measurement. I used to know it. I want to say 6.5″ but I’m really not sure. What I can say is my wrists aren’t tiny. They’re average, imo.
In the left pic, the bracelet was on, but still had a lot of room at the bottom. It didn’t feel stable on my wrist. In the right pic, I pushed it up my arm to see how it would feel in place where it couldn’t move. It doesn’t look right. I didn’t try to squeeze the bracelet tighter, but you might be able to, like the retail dainty bird cuff bracelet from a couple years ago. There’s also the Factory golden cuff bracelet.
Cute. Fit might be a challenge. Please let me know if you discover that the bracelet is easily bendable, without damaging it.
We’re in the middle of the boss’s birthday week and she is begging to ride her new scooter. I think it took almost 3 hrs to create this post & I don’t have time to check for typos or add missing thoughts. If you have questions, please ask away 🙂
Everything is 50% off at J. Crew Factory. WOOHOO gets an additional 50% off sale items. Promo also good in-store and will end on Labor Day, 9/5.
- crystal cube necklace – Love, love, love. Great dupe of the original retail from some years ago. This one has some weight, but isn’t too heavy. The glass is clear and pretty.
- leopard basketweave pencil skirt – Size 6P fit well. I passed. I want to be a leopard skirt person, but I wasn’t feeling it on me.
- lightweight striped tie-waist sweatshirt – No concensus among the current, four reviews. I would probably order a M, personally. It also comes in solid grey. Both have drop shoulders. CHEST – Size S = 40.5 “, Size M =42.5”
- metallic zebra sweatshirt – I saw this in-person. It’s more faded than the retail zebra tee, but I like it. Shiny things! CHEST – Size S = 36.5″, Size M = 38.5″
- polka dot or herringbone printed puffer vest – Reviews on this one are from 2015. I didn’t pay attention to the herringbone because I already own it. I really liked the polka dot. I thought there was some odd stitching going on the back, if you look at the stock photo. It doesn’t look like that in-person. The puffer stitching looks normal and isn’t pronounced in any way. I know I rarely wear polka dot things, cuz #teamstripes. But it was faintly calling my name as I put it back on the rack.
- striped short-sleeve sweater – Cute sweater for pattern mixing, like floral or leopard.