Merino mesh-sleeve sweater (SP15, B9210, $75) runs Color choices are dusty sky, haven blue, heather dusk, mint cream and white. It felt like cotton. I’m surprised to learn that it’s 55% merino/45% acrylic.
Size S – white – The size S was on the money. It’s fitted, but not tight in the shoulders and arms. There was a little looseness in the body. Personally, I would wear a cotton cami underneath to smooth things out. These thinner tops show everything, including the online of the belt band & loops. The cotton camis I wear all the time are from Old Navy like the shelf-bra cami and now there’s a v-neck cami ($3.50).
Outfit! Very plain, but I would wear this. My jewelry of choice would probably be bracelets.
Double-strap slides (C5178, $54.50, color MGO) – I wear 7.5 and take 8 in J Crew pumps and sandals. In many of the low heeled sandals, I’ve taken a 7.5, but these are whole sizes and I would get…or I should say that I purchased the 8.
They’re the same as the double-strap sandals, but there’s no back strap on these. I’ve only tried them on carpet, but I stood in them for most of the review pics I took and they were much more comfortable than I expected. I will wear them when I know I don’t have a ton of walking to do.
Forever 21 ($12.90) – I went looking for these in-store on 4/4 and didn’t see them. There’s a review on 3/24 saying they’re finally online, so perhaps they were released first in-store and sold out quickly. They come in gold and rose gold, which one reviewer said looks like gold. lol
* Airspun waffle beach sweater – Qualitywise, it’s a factory version of something we’d see in retail. Who knows how it will wear. Will it pill easily? We don’t know. But I’m pretty sure I gave it a thumbsup. I tried heather natural in S. It looks a bit like a henley pullover online, but it definitely reads as a sweater irl.
* Embroidered anchor Teddie sweater – It’s thin/lightweight. The arms were snug in the S. I would go for a M for overall comfort.
* Embroidered tunic top – This one is long. The size S fit, but the silhouette wasn’t right. The XS also fit and looked better in the shoulders. The best size for me (5’0″) would be PM. It runs long. I don’t remember my thumb rating, but they’ve done better versions of this style on the factory side. The quality has gone down a notch in some cases, if you can believe it.
* Metallic tweed panel heathered sweater – I saw this, but didn’t try it on. TThe metallic is bright. It’s almost like the foil packaging of a Pop-Tart, but witih colors on it. Probably a slight exaggeration. It wasn’t blinding, but there was no doubt about it being metallic.
* Nautical knit dress – On sale for $39.97 in-store on 4/1. Stripesick! I am wearing it today with white leggings. I wanted to wear it with black ones, but couldn’t find them. It’s probably for the better because the dark stripes are navy.
* Printed linen-cotton drawstring pants – These have a batik look and feel to them. They kind of made me think of something you might find at an African booth, at the flea market. The print is good. It didn’t do anything for my height. I decided to size down, for some reason. The 4s fit, but they didn’t look great. There was no 6 and the 8s seemed to fit, but I didn’t feel excited by them, so I returned the 4. Thumbsup, though. I ended up getting the linen-cotton drawstring pants in navy (6). Same thing, but solid colors. They’re flattering and very comfortable. I thought about getting the linen-cotton drawstring pants chambray, but I wanted them to be darker.
Online has 50% + 20% off clearance with HOPTOIT. Ends, There was an addtl 50% off clearance in-store (the 50% storewide, not 50% + 50%), but no addtl 20% on top of that.
p.s. In case you missed, I came out yesterday and it wasn’t an April Fool’s Day joke.