New arrivals hit online yesterday at J Crew Factory and are 30% off, priced as-marked thru Sun, 9/14.
Factory warmspun Fair Isle sweater (FA14, A9051, $88) runs XXS – XXL. 37% viscose, 35% nylon, 28% merino wool.
10/30 – $43.99 online
Size S – TTS imo. I’m 5’0″ and measure approx 37″ across the fullest part of my chest. This sweater isn’t fitted, which is nice. There’s a little slack in the body and the sleeves aren’t too tight.
The pattern is on the subtle side of the Fair Isle spectrum. Some are more…robust. This is more refined.
Size S – navy – TTS. The navy, retail version I tried earlier this year didn’t fit well in the S. I own the mossy brown color in the Factory version and love it. I had XS in the retail mossy brown, but had to give it up when I size out of it.
The floral pattern is a bit Laura Ashley, but I appreciate the additional detail on the interior label. Right pic – if you fold the cuff, a floral stripe of fabric will show.
Yeah, this definitely fit better than the retail version. I don’t know why.
Factory slim utility chino ($75) run regular 00-16 (A8954) and petite 00-12 (A9405). Color choices are faded black and tuscan olive.
9/10 – These arecurrently on promo for $29.50, which means they net $20 w/your 30% Gilt City coupon. Those vouchers are good thru this Sun, 9/14.
Size 6 – faded black – I wear 6 or 29 on the retail side. These were just a little fitted cuz hey, my thighs touch. However, I know they will stretch out with wear. TTS. I’d get the 6. They’re thinner than the retail skinny washed twill utility pant (irl pic of dusty pewter). Those feel more canvas-y. If you’re in a warmer climate, the pants give you a fall/winter color, but they aren’t physically heavy. If your upcoming season gets cold quickly, the pants should be good in at least the early fall.
Usually I don’t like all this wrinkling, but it didn’t bother me. I know the pants are going to stretch out a little and should look just fine if I were in motion.
* Crystal blossoms bracelet – On promo for $20.50, so would net approx $14 w/your Gilt promo code.
* Frankie chino in tuxedo stripe – I tried these on and they run tts. Size 6 fit well. I’d get the 8P to bring the length up, hoping for a chic look. The regular inseam is 28″. Petite inseam is 26″. The tuxedo Frankies are $29.50 at the moment!
* Midlength houndstooth coat – This looks good. The Gilt promo doesn’t work on outerwear, but it is currently 30% regular price, $173.50.
* Quilted puffer – I tried this on in navy and really liked it. Size S, so tts. This outerwear promo exclusion is for the birds. The birds, I say!
* Stacked resin loop earrings – Gotta love tortoise & crystal together.