Here we go…a new arrival review!
J Crew gingham sundress runs regular 000 – 16 (F0897) and petite P00 – P12 (F2428). The color is called emerald blue (EBL). Machine wash.
Size 6 – chest = 36.5″, waist = 29.5″
Size 8 – chest = 37.5″, waist = 30.5″
Size 6 – When you first get the dress, you will think it zips on the side. It doesn’t. It zips in the back. I’m not suggesting you will be confused. You’ll be sharp like me and work with the straps to figure out how to get into the dress. I was able to step into it and then pull the straps over my head to criss-cross in back. It didn’t feel difficult to me, but you might find a different way that suits you.
J. Crew color. Always stellar. In this case, the pale blue is what really makes this dress work. If the dress was green and white, that would be cute and classic. However, you’d run the risk of looking like you designed a dress on a tv fashion show picnic challenge. This particular shade of green (lighter than darker) and pale blue (not white) make it fresh and modern.
The fit isn’t as apron-y as I thought it would feel and I did not feel matronly in it. Love the pockets. I didn’t get the 6 zipped up. The more waist conscious dresses like this usually make me go up a size. If you have a larger back, rib cage or thicker waist, you might have to go up in size, too. For reference I’m 5’0″, 34DD and in the size 6.
I like when they make an extra buttonhole like this, in the event you need to adjust the straps.
My new arrival thoughts
* Beaded tassel necklace in pale guava – Pretty. Great opening price of $39.50. The new arrival upload was pretty slow. I didn’t notice this one until I went back to the site last nite. It also comes in fern (green).
* Classic popover shirt in striped cotton gauze – I tried this on in red and loved it. Would go for the larger of my two sizes 6, which I’ve been taking most often in this type of top.
* Crystal cluster necklace – J. Crew crystals are always pretty. I like the design of the chain of this one. The links are elongate diamond shapes.
* Crystal tassel necklace – Cool looking. The beads are colorblocked, if you will. Color choices are white/black and white/green.
* Envelope clutch in patchwork gingham – Love, love, love. Three colors to play with in your old + new j. Crew wardrobe. Didn’t see it in-store, but forgot to look where it would be located.
* Fringy tweed jacket – Regular and petite sizes. The petite sold out on the first day. I tried a regular 6 in-store. It’s a little boxy, as Ema describes on her Instagram. I was able to get on the size 4, but I wasn’t comfortable in it. It got a little tight under the arms right at the chest. J. Crew has styled similar tweed jackets with multiple layers underneath. This is the first jacket where you might actually be able to do that because of the amount of room in the body. Thumbsup.
* Lucite link necklace – The first release was pink. This one is called tuscan olive.
* Midnight floral necklace – The caravan blue is from a couple releases ago. The crystal is from the last release. It’s styled in the May Style Guide with a crystal embellished shirt. Very pretty. Wishlist.
* Midi skirt in cotton clip dot – This has recently entered my radar. White is the most obviously color to gravitate toas we continue into spring, but I like the warm charcoal. A lot. Regular and petite sizes. I tried on the 8P in white. There’s elastic at the back waist. I didn’t know that. I would get the 6P to bring the volume in just a little bit. Shorts ladies definitely need the petite size in this or have it hemmed if you get regularly. Of course that depends on where you want it to hit. Thumbsup.
* Multi-strap sandals – Available for pre-order. Olive moss! I have a few similar pair of J. Crew leather sandals and they have proven to be worth the price. Plus, a nice step up (see what I did there? lol) from flip flops.
* Short-sleeve popover in white Irish linen – The long sleeve version of this blouse has fit very tts in the past. You might want to size up one to get the slouchy look the model is wearing. I looked for this in-store, but didn’t see it. I admit to being pretty distracted by all of the new arrivals.
* Trench coat in gingham – Sold out on the first day, Tue 4/19. 00 and 0 popped back today, Wed.
* Triple tassel necklace – $32.250. I have the bell tassel from a couple years ago. I like how the three tassels look tiered, instead of all hanging from the same point.
Get free shipping no minimum today only (Tue, 4/19).
Have you ordered from this rollout?