J Crew’s lightweight cotton tunic top (26559) runs XS – XL. The color choices are bronzed clay, white and stone blue.
Size XS – I’m pretty sure this is an XS. I called for measurements, but it turned out to be too tight. I think I was pregnant and didn’t know it. Even though this is tight, G Money said it was slimming. He is one to stay mum instead of I’m much closer to my average weight now. So I think if I were going to get this, I’d get a S. I guess if you want to look like it does on the model or you’re in between sizes, size up one. It definitely was more fitted than the slouchy/loose look I thought I was going to get. The collar was…it’s not ruched, but it’s sort of a poofy roll. That might have been my least favorite part of it. The blue shade is nice, fyi. Summing it up, I’d say I like this, although for me all chambray shirts will forever be compared to J Crew’s contrast stitch perfect shirt.
J Crew Designers, if you need something to do-over, do the contrast stitch perfect shirt — esp the fabric. And don’t stick any ruffles on it either!
I have this 2nd photo to show the pleating that I’m sure would drive me nuts if I didn’t iron it. You definitely have to iron or have the cleaners do it. I can’t see wearing it out the dryer without it looking sloppy.
* Bloomingdale’s – Aqua Chambray Shirtdress – This has some seaming for those that prefer more shape.
* Charlotte Russe – Chambray Boyfriend Shirt – This is a very cute popover at a great price. And I like Charlotte Russe. They do some great knockoffs of J Crew & Anthro items. Also, I’ve had success w/the items I’ve washed. If you’re unfamiliar w/the store, they’re along the lines of Forever 21 for price/quality.
* Macy’s – American Rag Chambray Pleat Boyfriend Shirt – Marked down to $17.99. This is a Jrs fit, FYI.
* Nordstrom – Trouvé Oversized Chambray Shirt – This is a bargain. On sale for $22.90. Small only. Click here to see another chambray shirt by Trouvé. all sizes available.
* Ralph Lauren Rugby – Ryan Chambray Workshirt
Thanks for visiting…
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.