Woo hoo! I made it to a store and tried on as many itemas as I could during my brief visit. A theme I noticed is there are a good number of dresses without pockets. The bra keeps — the piece of thread & mini metal snaps — are still present in most tops and dresses, so that’s a big plus. I cannot get into the pineapple print. If you must do it, think of wearing it with black to tone it down.
* eyelet top with tassel trim ($78) – Color choices are white, marigold and warm clover. The marigold isn’t as rich in-person as it looks on my monitor. I was expecting a very yellow orange. The size 6 fit with some room, but it’s meant to fit loose. I’d probably try a 4 just to be sure, but would probably go with a 6 due to chest size – TTS or possibly the smaller of two sizes if you’re in-between (chest size dependent)
* lace-up shirt dress ($69.50) – I tried on navy in size S. The fit felt tts. It’s a lightweight cotton. Some will feel it is too thin, but it’s warm weather appropriate, imo. I wasn’t a big fan of the lace front in the dress. I prefer the lace-up popover. The dress also comes in stripes, but I prefer a wider and darker stripe than that – TTS
* lightweight off-the-shoulder sweater ($79.50) – The dried thyme shade is weak. It’s not as rich and pretty as the olive green shades J. Crew has in other items. It looks really small on the hanger, so I tried a M in black. It looked pretty good. And this is on someone without a flat stomach. The ruffles are weighty. Remember, it’s sweater material. I like that aspect, though. It didn’t feel cheap. This also comes in stripe ($89.50) – TTS or size up one
* linen ruffle skirt ($79.50) – I saw this, but didn’t see it merchandised behind or near the mannequin. I was talking, talking, talking and forgot to ask where it was. Sorry, Tati. 😉
* Made In the Shade t-shirt ($32.50 online vs $36.50 in-store) – Caved. I should hang my head in shame after expressing dislike for the current word tees. I had a feeling I’d love the toasted khaki shade with my skin color. I didn’t notice the golden maize color, so no comments on how it looks irl. Size wise, I went for a M because I wanted it a little loose – TTS or size up one for slouch.
* new seaside pant in Ratti pineapple print – I don’t what’s “new” about these pants. They fit like last year’s sequin seaside pants. They seemed a wee narrower throughout the pants, but the seaside pants stretch out. You want them to start off more fitted than not because there are no belt loops. ot
* tie-neck dress in oxford cotton ($88) – Confirmed love! There’s a lining in the dress, so it feels like a dress and not a mens oxford shirt. The material is not thick, but it’s substantial, yet fluid. The bow is far cuter online than in-store. However, I think the look can be created once the ties are ironed. I was concerned that the cool shade wouldn’t work with my yellow undertone, but it does. Size 6 fit well – TTS
* tie-neck top in stripe silk ($78 online vs. $98 in-store) – Yes, I know, stripes. However, I didn’t think I’d like this one because the neckline looks like a shirt worn backwards. Then you have the need for a strapless or convertible bra of some sort. However, I absolutely loved how it felt on and the way the bow ties in the back. Size 6 was good – TTS
* tipped ruffle top in stripe ($78) – I tried this on just to share thoughts and fit info. I knew this wouldn’t be ideal for my figure. Note the model’s body. The top felt thin, flowy and dainty. It didn’t look as bad as I thought it would on me, but it felt sweet and that’s not my style. Would look good with a navy pencil skirt. And to bump things up, pair with orange, pink or yellow shoes.
* Tippi short-sleeve sweater with tulle ($79.50) – This is from the previous release, or the one before that. I didn’t like it onlne or when I saw it in-person. However, I tried it on just to share thoughts and I really like it. M is my Tippi size and it looked good – Your Tippi size.
* tortoise and blush necklace ($59.99) – From the sale section. Check out my FB Live video about the necklace
* white denim shift dress ($69.50) – My store didn’t get this. Becaaauuuse it’s online only. I didn’t notice that last nite. It’s a shift, so consider ordeing your usual dress size. For me, it’s a 6 in J. Crew sheaths.
Thanks for visiting!