J Crew metallic textured-dot dress (HO15, $188) runs 000 – 16 (E5004), petite P00 – P12 and tall T2 – T16 (E6167). 52% silk, 44% viscose, 4% other fiber. Lining: 100% poly. Contains non-textile parts of animal origin. The color is navy (NAV).
Size 6 – I was able to unzip the back of the dress and step into it. No pulling overhead.
That is my ‘giving face’ look. I think. I know for sure that I liked this dress.
I don’t have a discernible waist. A teense bit of narrowing where my waist begins and that’s about it. Therefore, I never expect dresses with an elastic waist definition to look good on me. There isn’t elastic in this dress, though. There’s a little bit of extra material, making it a little blouson-like at the waist seam. I kept checking to see if I was imagining how camouflaging it is.
I would never wear this with flats (personal choice), but I would get the 8P to bring the length up a bit. I think it would still be fine with heels. Do you feel cold looking at the photos? I wouldn’t wear a top under it because that’s not my personal style, but I’d try a blazer over it. You can also treat it like a skirt by wearing a sweater over the top. The fabric is very light and even if you wanted to wear it now, you might need something like Hue thermo-luxe tights.
For size reference I’m 5’0″, 34DD. The under arm area was good, not gaping as we’ve seen in some of the FA15 dresses. I love the fabric. The metallic is very pretty on the navy.
- 30% off your regular price & 40% off sale items with HOLIDAY
30% off w/HOLIDAY:
- Black watch tuxedo pants in crimson (sold out in 1 day) – Try Ebay for J. Crew red plaid pants from past seasons.
- Brushed-wool plaid cardigan sweater ($118) – New arrival. Some sizes selling out.
- Classic crystal bracelet ($68) – Great opening price. Promo eligible.
- Collection sequin pants ($168) – The cummerbund waistband is cute.
- Fair Isle sweater ($118) – I really love the heather raisin because burgundy
- Perfect cable sweater (net $53) – Natural, for the win.
- Perfect cable sweater in speckled wool (net $53) – I like the grey.
- Petite vintage pajamas set (net $53) – I’ve returned a pair or two or the regular size because they were too big. I’d order these in PM.
p.s. Reminder that the Kate Spade Surprise Sale launched yesterday. You’ll have to provide an email address and zip code to log in. The chambray bow blouse is $89 and still available As far as I know, it’s a retail offering. I’m surprised because it sold out. There’s currently a full range of sizes. I took my usual size 6 and it fits exactly. Review here.