If you haven’t heard the news, the J Crew Factory Store is live online. According to the website it’s open on weekends only. Interesting. Also, I was able to put Factory items in my cart with regular site items. There is language in red that says SEE RETURN DETAILS. If you click on it, it lets you know that you can only return factory items to the factory store (aka J’Crewlet) or via mail.
I did a mock check out and the free shipping on my account was applied. Thanks, J Crew! If it’s been awhile since you’ve logged into your J Crew account online (user id, not nesc credit card), check in. Select customers have automatic free shipping thru 9/19.
ETA: For those of you new to J Crew Factory store, I often refer to it as J’Crewlet, which sounds more fun and fancier than factory store, which thumps out of the mouth. As the case with many outlets these days, the retailers have items may specifically for the store. In the olden days, outlets were true outlets where clearance items and overstock went onto a better place and the possibility of finding a new home. J Crewlet items have 2 small diamonds or dots stitched below the J Crew name. With the launch of online availability, you better believe you will see even more factory store items on Ebay. I have recently noticed Ebay sellers specifying items as factory store in the description selection, but not the body of the post. It it really matters to you whether the item is regular or factory store, email the seller and ask. You can even ask for a picture of the tag for confirmation. It may slow down your process, but I’d want to know what I was getting. Notice the $195 lace camis (promo $168 or so) sold out before many people even got a chance to log on.
Here are some of the newer markdowns noted on Jcrew.com in the past day or so. I believe some have been sighted in-stores as well. As you know, not all items that are marked down online will be marked down in-store and vice versa.
* Houndstooth bomber – now $199.99 -I chatted w/an online rep and the bomber is unlined.
Size 2: Chest 39.5, waist 39.75.
Size 4: Chest 40.5, waist 40.75
* Crushed jacquard pencil skirt (29037) – Size 4 – now $69.99 – 35% silk, 32% metallic, 17% cotton, 16% nylon, poly lining. The fit was fine in this size. My undies are bunching so there are a couple extra wrinkles. It’s a bit high on the waist for my taste. I suppose it’s close to the other pencil skirts we’ve seen, but this one does seem just a tad higher than some of the other ones. It might be the fabric that’s throwing me. I prefer my jacquard uncrushed, but then I have textural issues. Check it out on Shop With M.
* Silk and wool ruffle shell (30263) – now $49.99
* Beaded stamp tee (30041) – now $24.99 – Personally, I’m bored of the art tees and find myself not reaching for them. I think a main reason is because I’m choosing a slouchier look to camouflage my stomach. I do think this tee would look good w/the infinity cardigan in paradise blue. Check out the tee on 1 More Shopping Blog.
* Herringbone workshirt – Now $59.99
* Lace panel tee – now $24.99
Solid Thandie blazer (regular 29305, petite 30791, tall 30789) – On promo for $103.50. Thumbs up. I would get the petite if I were buying this. You want the sleeves to fit when you receive it. Altering them would lose the button detail.
ETA * Novo stripe wrap top (28560) – now $39.99 in-store, still regular price online. Size 4 – The fit was fine on this for me. I usually prefer & take 4 in the camis (34C). It has volume at the chest, but I wouldn’t be able to size down because it’s fitted at the hip. I think they intended a blousy cut. Cuz then you’ll need to buy a tank for underneath and they hope you’ll get it right there in the store. I had an 80s flashback when I tried this on. I think I had an outfit w/stripes in jr high. It sure wasn’t silk. The top almost reminds me of that scene in Willy Wonka when they’re walking out of his office and the room gets smaller & smaller. I’m talking about the Willy Wonka original. Fo’ life! Sorry Johnny Depp, your version will never be seen by my eyes. If I had felt just a tad more Wonka vibe and less 80s familiarity, I would have purchased it for movie nostalgia alone. The silk is great & I see why others have loved the top. Check it out on Audreybella.
The premium rinse wash bootcut are currently on promo $88
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join if you need to sign up.