1 of 2
J Crew polka-dot regent blazer (SP16, $188) runs regular 000 – 16 (E7261), petite P000 – P12 (F2347) and tall T0 – T16 (F2348). 100% linen, lining: 95% poly, 5% elastane.
5/6/16 note – $159.99
Size 4 – The website says it’s online only, but I’ve seen the regular sizes in-store. — as evidenced by this try-on.
First and foremost, I’d be a regular 6. They probably didn’t have one on the rack. If I were going to buy a Regent blazer, I would get a petite. I don’t think the regular size fits properly. Perhaps that’s a reason I haven’t become a fan of this silhouette. The collar is designed to stand-up. It’s not quite popped, but you can’t really fold the lapel down unless you pin it.
This is a finer polka dot print, smaller dots. I wouldn’t be able to wear this for on-camera jobs because the dots would “jump.” I think I have a blazer like this by Ann Taylor, but the background is black. It works better for my complexion. This blue isn’t quite a navy. I like the flap pockets. You can usually tuck the flap inside for easier access to the pocket. Just talking out loud to myself and typing as I look at the pics.
Sharing the polka label and striped lining.
I don’t own any of the Regents. Based on the ones I’ve tried on, this one seems to be the same. If you like polka dots & the Regent, you will likely be a fan of this.
2 of 2
J Crew Campbell blazer in skinny stripe (SP16, $178) runs regular 000 – 16 (E8734) and petite P000 – P12 (E8735). The color is called navy stripe (NST). 100% cotton, lining: 95% poly, 5% elastane.
4/25/16 – Now $149.99
Size 6 – As you can see, this is a one-button blazer. A two or three button blazer is the most flattering on me. However, I do own one Campbell blazer and I like the silhouette. I definitely prefer it to the Regent. J. Crew had a similar blazer, years ago, with light blue stripes. These are darker, but this type of fine stripe barely registers on me. I’m wearing a black cami under and it doesn’t make the dark stripes look darker.
Note the rounded hem in the front. Also a feature I usually dislike. It opens and exposes the crotch or thigh area. It’s a personal pet peeve as I usually don’t wear blazers closed. The fit is tts and I would get an 8P, which is the regular 6 equivalent.
My new arrival thoughts
* Beaded tassel necklace in pale guava – Pretty. Great opening price of $39.50. The new arrival upload was pretty slow. I didn’t notice this one until I went back to the site last nite. It also comes in fern (green).
* Classic popover shirt in striped cotton gauze – I tried this on in red and loved it. Would go for the larger of my two sizes 6, which I’ve been taking most often in this type of top. Thumbsup.
* Crystal cluster necklace – J. Crew crystals are always pretty. I like the design of the chain of this one. The links are elongate diamond shapes.
* Crystal tassel necklace – Cool looking. The beads are colorblocked, if you will. Color choices are white/black and white/green.
* Envelope clutch in patchwork gingham – Love, love, love. Three colors to play with in your old + new j. Crew wardrobe. Didn’t see it in-store, but forgot to look where it would be located.
* Lucite link necklace – The first release was pink. This one is called tuscan olive.
* Midnight floral necklace – The caravan blue is from a couple releases ago. The crystal is from the last release. It’s styled in the May Style Guide with a crystal embellished shirt. Very pretty. Wishlist.
* Midi skirt in cotton clip dot – This has recently entered my radar. White is the most obviously color to gravitate toas we continue into spring, but I like the warm charcoal. A lot. Regular and petite sizes. I tried on the 8P in white. There’s elastic at the back waist. I didn’t know that. I would get the 6P to bring the volume in just a little bit. Shorts ladies definitely need the petite size in this or have it hemmed if you get regularly. Of course that depends where on your body you want it to hit. Thumbsup.
* Multi-strap sandals – Available for pre-order. Olive moss! I have a few similar pair of J. Crew leather sandals and they have proven to be worth the price. Plus, a nice step up (see what I did there? lol) from flip flops.
* Short-sleeve popover in white Irish linen – The long sleeve version of this blouse has fit very tts in the past. I wear 8P and tried on a 10P to get the slouchy look the model has. As with all 10P, once I get to that size the proportions simply don’t work. One issue this blouse has is there are no shoulder seams. The top extends from the neck down without seams to end the shoulder width and begin the sleeve. I wonder if this is a Somsack design because the body is boxy and the overall cut reminds me of Madewell. I would stick to your usual J. Crew blouse size. The linen is nice. Didn’t feel scratchy to me. Sidethumb.
* Trench coat in gingham – Sold out on the first day, Tue 4/19. Sizes 00 and 0 popped back on Wed, 4/20.
* Triple tassel necklace – $32.50. I have the bell tassel necklace from a couple years ago. I like how these three tassels look tiered, instead of all hanging from the same point.
SCORE for 40% off sale and 30% off the rest of your order is still going. Free shipping, no minimum today — Mon, 4/25 — only.
Have you ordered from this rollout?