J Crew’s ruffle-sleeve top (SP16, F0270, $79.50) runs XXXS – XL. Color choices are black vintage champagne (BVC) nd undyed navy (UNA). Made in the Philippines. Hand wash cold. Do not wring or twist. Reshape and lay flat to dry. Warm iron.
Size S – undyed navy – It runs tts. This fit well. There’s a little room in the body, which is nice. It’s not a tight fitting top. For size reference, I’m 5’0″, 34DD. I’ve seen a comment or two that the fabric is like a ponte. I don’t agree. It feels like cotton with a cotton facing. Think of it as a thick cotton, like you’d find in the old cotton capris. As you can see by the pose, I love the J. Crew ruffle top.
My handbag is by Kate Spade, purchased a couple years ago. Check out the new daisy & bee collection. So cute! My crop jeans are by Loft from last year. These modern kick crops in dark wash are similar.
Clown and clown fish are two descriptions I’ve read online. Calypso is what I expected before trying it on. I really liked it and it felt flouncy, but not costume-ish. A reminder that I am a stripe freak, so I’m always a little biased to the positive.
I was surprised that I liked it half tucked in the front, untucked in the back. I don’t tuck tops very often. Fit could be an issue if you have broad shoulders or a long torso. I wouldn’t rule out either, though. If you’re interested, I say try it if you can.
Size S – black vintage champagne – I’m glad they had both colors for me to try and share. I’ve only tried on the ruffle sleeve dress in this black champagne color. It’s really cute. Also won’t be a great fit on everyone. The dress runs tts, in my experience (S). I haven’t shared a review of it yet. For Mommy & Me:
Back to the ruffle top. The champagne color is an off-white. It’s nice and goes well with the black stripes. My personal preference for the top is the undyed navy.
A couple more shots.
#Stripesick! Plus, it’s nice to see a little femininity added to a basic top.
Recent cuts & 2nd cuts
* Boy shirt in bold stripe ($59.99)
* Chateau trench ($178) – still on promo – I opted for the 6, so tts. It’s still a bit fitted under the arm and at the bicep. No sweaters under this one for me.
* Glitter bruleé necklace ($95) – still on promo
* Glitter mosaic strappy high-heel sandals ($249.99)
* Layered crystal necklace ($74.99) – not a new cut, but I’m sharing again because I love it – review
* Pavé and tortoise double-link bracelet ($79.99) – 2nd cut from $99.99 – Instavideo
* Round-cut glass bracelet ($34.99)
* Super 120s top in peplum wool ($79.99)
Size 4 – chest = 36″, waist = 29″
Size 6 – chest = 37″, waist = 30″
* Tassel-tie bucket bag in smooth leather ($149.99 & $160)
* Tipped cable sweater ($79.99) – I liked the tipping and the cable pattern. It wasn’t flattering on me, though. Too short. TTS. My guess is if you go up a size, the sleeves will get even longer, but you won’t gain much more length in the body.
* Tippi cactus sweater ($79.99)
* Tortoise and pavé crystal necklace ($79.99) – was $99.99 – review
* Tortoise and flower hoop earrings ($49.99)
Thanks for visiting!