Sleeveless lace shift dress (FA?15, $178) runs regular 000 – 16 (E0078), petite P00 – P12 (E2540). 60% nylon, 40% poly, lining: 100% poly. Hand wash cold! Line dry. Color choices are bright ocean (BOC), grey ivory (GIV) and navy black.
Size 4 – chest = 36 1/4″, waist = 35 1/4″, hip 38 & 40.5″
Size 6 – chest = 37 1/4″, waist = 36 1/4″, hip 39 & 41.5″, shoulder-to-hem length 37.5″
I really love the lace, but wasn’t sure how much I ‘needed’ an ivory lace dress. The color makes me think of a baby baptism, baby blessing, wedding rehearsal dinner, 2nd or 3rd trip down the wedding aisle. None of which apply to me. I say the last one because the dress looks creme, but doesn’t shout bridal. I was concerned that the grey would look too grey, but it doesn’t. The grey is a subtle and pretty contrast to the ivory.
A v-neck! The most flattering neckline on me. I had the shoes nearby, so I photographed them above. I really liked it, so I tried them on w/the dress and loved it. The patent Valentinas in grey (2012 review on 1060 Pairs) would also look pretty with it. Try Ebay.
Size 8P – Look at this fabric!! It’s magnificent. I felt like I was unwrapping a piece of artwork.
11/27/15 ETA: Click here for the updated review with side-by-side size comparison.
Check it out on Ema’s Instagram. Ema and the (current) lone reviewer on jcrew.com stated that the underarms are a little loose. I didn’t have a lot of gaping under the arm (34DD), but the size 8P fit better than the regular 6. It’s tts, imo. If you’re concerned about fit, you could always go for the larger of your two sizes and have it altered.
The skirt looks like it really flares out in the online pic. It also looks like there’s a high-low hem. I found neither to be the case. The skirt is a-line, but not exaggerated. I didn’t fee a high-low hem. Maybe because my back fills it out, bringing up the rear? (slaps knee)
I couldn’t get the 6 or the 8p zipped up all the way, but I’m not worried about it. I’ve been in denial, not doing well in the food department. As of yesterday, my doctor put me on an anti-inflammatory diet. My stomach is currently poking out a bit at the top and that’s why the dress won’t zip. If I put Spanx on, I could get it to close. But — I will also be working on my food. No more Starbucks bacon gouda sandwiches and no more coffee. I was a little sad about that. There’s a whole list of things I can’t have, but I did it before in 2010 after I had fibroids removed. I’m a big believer that diet is a factor. I just needed to be told again.
The size 8P hit me above knee and it’s a little higher than what I aim for, but I really love the length. The proportions look better on mewith the skirt on the shorter side. The skirt of the 6 wasn’t a lot longer, but it dragged things down, visually. I felt sportier and cuter in the 8P. I’m 5’0″.
Promo ends on Mon, 11/9.
YOUWIN gets 35% off at jcrewfactory.com thru Mon, 11/9.
Good news! The price for the confetti sequin tee did not change overnite. The retail is $89.50 and currently nets about $32 with YOUWIN. It fits tts and close to the body. It’s cotton and there’s no stretch. I decided to deal w/having longer sleeves and get the M because stomach.
* Breton striped sweater with gems (curr $49.50) – tried the navy poppy and black ivory, liked both. I don’t recall seeing the poppy. Runs tts and is very fitted in the arms, but didn’t feel too tight. Machine wash.
* embroidered dot tunic sweater ($34.50) – review – Stripes for life! I realized this and sold a good number of my never-worn polka dot pieces. I tried this yesterday and loved it. A v-neck makes all the difference as it elongates the neck. The dots are only in the front. The sleeves were a little long. I would get the PM to bring that and the body of the sweater up just a bit. It hit mid-hip on me (5’0″).
* flannel sleep pant (curr $32.50) – I have a pair of these from a couple years ago that are still in rotation (S). Hopefully this year’s quality is the same.
* oversize turtleneck in stripe (curr $34.50) – Size down one. The XS fit well and still had a relaxed look. Nice fabric. Not thin.
* skinny cord (curr $47.50) – I haven’t tried this year’s version, but they’ve always run tts for me (29).
p.s. Follow me on Facebook. I post products & price breakdowns that never make it here on Gigi’s Gone Shopping.