Soft pencil skirt in rosewood (SP14, A1862, $128) runs 00-16. The color is called rosewood (ROS). 100% poly & 100% poly lining.
ETA: The skirt is $89.99 in-store, as of 3/5.
ETA: The skirt is $39.99 in-store, as of 5/2.
Size 6 – I try to ignore the poly linings and pretend they’re something else if they don’t bother me. I think J Crew has sourced cheaper poly for some of these linings or they’re cutting them just a little too small. The skirt fit fine in this size and the lining fit ok, but I could feel there’s no stretch to it. It didn’t feel like it was going to rip. You just don’t want your skirt feeling glued to you on the inside.
I couldn’t get the slit right even though I thought I was lining up the label tag in the back. Check it out on J Crew Is My Fav Store.
I finally figured it out and this is where the slit is. I think it could work wherever you want to twist the skirt. At least it seemed that way in the fitting room.
Close-up of the print.
No. 2 pencil skirt in lattice medallion (SP14, $118) runs regular 00-16 (A3239) and petite 00-12 (A3194). The colors is called. 100% poly & 100% poly lining. It felt like very stury cotton or cotton blend. When I briefly saw part of the word on the tag, I thought it was a poly blend. I was surprised to see that it’s 100%. It’s currently $79.99 in-store as of 3/5.
ETA: $39.99 in-store as of 5/2
Size 4 – There was no size 6 to try. I thought the 4 might fit, based on how it looked on the hanger, but I was wrong. I would wear regular size 6 or 8P. I don’t have the skirt zipped up all the way.
Check it out on J Crew Is My Fav Store.
I’m not a big pink-and-green fan. I like the print, though, and the colors work without being saccharine. The colors are grounded by the black mixed in.
More in this print.
* Campbell capri in lattice medallion – still $69.99 online & in-store as of 4/25 – review
* Collection Everly printed pumps – $209.99 online vs. $199.99 in-store – review
* Lanie printed stacked heels – review
* Lattice medallion popover – review
* Lattice medallion scarf – review
* Lillian printed low wedges – review
* No. 2 pencil skirt in lattice medallion – review
* Silk lattice medallion top – review
* Swoop dress in latticework medallion – marked $69.99 in-store on 4/24 – review
Collection lace-stripe silk skirt (SP14, $178) runs regular 00-16 (A0859) and petite 00-12 (A2882). Color choices are bright kiwi and dusty ginger. 100% silk, 100% poly lining. The kiwi is $129.99 in-store as of 3/5. I didn’t see dusty ginger on the racks.
ETA: The kiwi was still marked $129.99 in-store on 5/2.
Size 4 – There are no pockets on the skirt, which actually didn’t bother me for reasons unknown. Usually I prefer pockets and not having them can be a deal breaker.
Two more shots. I’m surprised I like this color. On me. The grey really tones it down.
Drapey crepe pencil skirt () runs regular 00-16 (A2981) & petite 00-12 (A3217). 100% poly & 100% poly lining. Color choices are black, blue grotto, bright cerise, byzantine purple and navy. Blue grotto was $89.99 in-store on 3/5. I didn’t notice or look for any other colors.
ETA: blue grotto & navy $39.99 in-store noted 4/4
Size 6 – This is blue grotto. The skirt sits a little higher on the waist. No pockets. There are a few pleats, as you can see in the photo on the right.
I like the drape of the skirt. It’s weighty, but not heavy. The color is beautiful.
* Deco arrowhead pendant necklace ($145) – $99.99 in-store on 3/5 – I liked this, which surprised me.
* Lattice medallion popover ($69.99) – same price of $69.99 in-store on 3/5
* Tiny flowers necklace ($99.99) – same price of $99.99 in-store on 3/5