Stadium-cloth cocoon coat ($350) runs regular 00 – 16 (B2770), petite P00 – P12 (B2780) & tall T2 – T16 (B2796). Color choices are black, heather dusk, navy, neon coral, neon electric flame and sandstone. Heather twilight (blue) is available in tall.
Stadium cloth fabric by Nello Gori, Italy. 79% wool, 21% nylon 100% poly lining.
Size 4 – neon electric flame – Neon flame is definitely electric. I’d describe it as a bright watermelon. It wasn’t the right shade for me, personally. I think it’s a good one, though.
There’s a seam going down the arms that I don’t recall being there last year. I didn’t like it. I prefer shoulder seams because they give definition. I also think the shoulder seam look will go out of style. I’m really not a fan of the lack of seam connecting the bodies and arms of garments. It creates larger shoulders. I guess we should be grateful that the fashion industry didn’t literally bring back shoulder pads.
Last year’s versions of the retail & factory both had flap pockets That’s an element that really made for a cute coat. Flap pockets aren’t easy to access, so I guess that’s why they switched them to the regular, side pockets. The factory coat was called heather stone. I have that one and love the color. The retail version is and was still called sandstone, but this year’s version is lighter. It’s closer in color to last year’s factory version.
Notice the three different lengths. 2013 retail was the shortest length. The factory was a little longer and this year’s version is the longest. Plus points for increasing the length on this year’s retail. There’s a zipper closure in all three of these versions. This year’s factory city coat has buttons beneath the placket, instead of a zipper. They swapped the flap pockets for side pockets on this one, too.
* Chelsea rain boot ($49.99) – navy and safari are on sale – review
* Downing tote ($129.99) – dark navy and fatigue black are $129.99 in-store & online – review
* Cashmere patch-pocket hoodie ($199.99 & $219.99) – I went down one size to XS.
* Chunky turtleneck sweater ($79.99) – review
* Fringe sleeve sweater ($99.99) – No – review
* Paneled sweatshirt in surf stripe ($49.99) – review
* Beaded chevron popover in white ($39.99) – review
* Blurred ikat top ($79.99) – review
* Drapey keyhole top in stripe ($79.99) – review
* Drapey tuxedo top ($79.99) – thumbsup – review
* Gilded chevron mixed shell – review
* Golden tee ($34.99) – review (third one down) – the stripe-sleeve tee looks like the same silhouette
* Jeweled dolman top ($59.99) – review
* Me 2 u tee ($24.99) – review
* Pleated bib top – review
* Pleated bib top in stripe – review
* Sequin chevron tee ($34.99) – review
* Cap-sleeve shirttail blouse ($59.99 & $78) – Size down one from your usual numeric size.