J Crew’s striped t-shirt dress (SU16, $88) runs regular XXX – XXL (C6514) and petite PXXS – PL (C7375). Color choices are black white (BWH) and navy fiery sunset (NFS). 93% cotton, 7% elastane.
Size S – black white – I like the black & white. It’s going to potentially grab your stomach if it sticks out. I didn’t feel too self conscious in it. The dress is comfortable. Midweight fabric. Not thin and not too heavy. Substantial, though. The fit was tts for me. Petite medium, which is a small equivalent, would bring the length up a tad and be the best fit. For size reference, I’m 5’0″, 34DD, 39″ hip.
There’s no shoulder seam.
A lack of shoulder seam can often create an exaggerated shoulder width, but the forward placement of the side seams mitigates that. Meaning, the side seams are positioned to the front of the body and not along the sides of the dress. It’s visually sliming.
I don’t know why they had to put an exposed zipper on it, but I was able to step into the dress. I didn’t have to pull it overhead. So there’s that.
Size M – I tried a M, but it’s looking nightgown-ish. If you’re a petite, definitely stick to tts. If you’re tall or want it to be looser, you might want to size up. The red black is nice, too. Bright, but not overpowering. I have purchased other stripes, but tend to wear navy/white or black/white the most.
A pic with my head ‘n’ hurrrr.
If the dress had shoulder seams then it greatly resemble a number of previous seasons’ releases. I like the small tweaks, even if they don’t work for me. Good fabric and #stripes!
* faux-leather scallop trimmed tank (net $25) – I was skeptical when I saw this online, but it’s really cute in-person. I didn’t try it on, but the scallops are small and cute.
* gingham cotton shorts (net $30) – I saw these irl and didn’t try them on. The fabric more lightweight than I expected. I would probably go for an 8. I’ve been doing that in some shorts for a couple years now so they can sit lower on the hip.
* lucite and crystal bracelet (net $65) – The colors look fall/winter like. I like it
* pavé drop tortoise earrings (net $44) – Very pretty irl. I haven’t picked them up, so can’t say if they’re on the heavy side or not.
* playa earrings (net $39) – Mermaid earrings!