1 of 2
J Crew tiered eyelet midi dress (SU16, $148) runs regular 000 – 16 (F2317) and petite P00 – P12 (F3023). 100% cotton, lining: 100% cotton. Color choices are black and white. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors, non-chlorine bleach, tumble dry low, warm iron. Made in India.
Size 6 – Thumbsup on the cotton fabric and lining, and machine washability. I bought a black maxi dress some years ago. Black didn’t make sense to me at first for summer, but it does work. I like the tiered style because it’s flattering to the stomach area.
The lace eyelet details are pretty. Did you see that they’re in the strap, too? This is why you J. Crew, boo. I didn’t check to see if there were bra keepers in the straps. My guess is no, but they’re in the striped bow shoulder top (review), so it’s possible.
Thumbsup on all cotton, machine wash and a flattering cut.
2 of 2
J Crew cotton cropped tunic (SU16, F1944, $78) runs regular XXXS – XXL. 100% cotton, exclusive of decoration/trimming, contains non-textile part of animal origin. The color is called ivory bright grotto (IBG). Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors, non-chlorine bleach, tumble dry low, warm iron. Made in Indonesia.
Size S – Sometimes you think you can size down in these tunics. Most of them are tts as is the case with this one. The closest fit is in the top front chest and top of the shoulder. The top loosens up from the bicep on and is loose in the body. It didn’t feel too big in either of those areas. For size reference, I’m 5’0″, 34DD. I’m not sure why the product name has “cropped” in it.
I like long sleeves in the summer because it’s another barrier between me and a sun rash. There’s a silver, metal hook-and-eye closure halfway down the v-neck. The tassel is nice because it has the effect of a long pendant necklace, drawing the eye downward.
Love the stripes. Love the tassel.
J. Crew Promo
* Campbell blazer in gingham ($149.99)– Pink has been on sale. Blue now cut as well (5/25/16)
* Carrie cami in polka dot ($69.99)
* Elsie suede pumps ($179.99 & $229.99) – tidewater (blue) cut to $179.99, vibrant berry still at $229.99 – review, Instapic
* Embroidered linen top ($79.99) – review
* Enamel and pavé leopard bracelet ($69.99)
* Marlo crossbody ($79.99) – neon orange now on sale, other colors on promo
* New uptown tote ($99.99)
* Patchwork-striped t-shirt ($39.99) – review
* Scalloped Carrie cami ($69.99)
* Seville canvas wedge espadrilles with ankle wrap ($118.99)
* Sheath dress in textured tweed – review
* Striped leather envelope clutch ($89.99) – review
* Tipped summerweight cardigan ($59.99) – Reviewers are correct in that orange trim is NEON.
* Tortoise medallion necklace ($89.99)s
Thanks for stopping by…