J Crew’s Tuxedo Painter Henley (23333) – Runs XS – XL.
Size S – I brought this home even though a friend said to pass on it. I tried it on with a white tank underneath and grey skinnies by Old Navy. It was a cute outfit, but not really doing anything for me. Let’s face it. The clown collection continues at J Crew. I think the ruffles on this and on the tissue garland tank are too voluminous for a larger chest. That’s just my opinion. If you want more fluff on your stuff, go for it. I really want to love the painter fabric, but I need to accept that it’s too sheer and too grabby in the wrong places which — for me — is my mid-section. Also, these tees are just stupid long on me. Back it goes.
The downside to the tissue painter fabric is that I need booby bumpers. Awhile back I tried that one bra w/the concealing petals, but didn’t like it. It seemed too thick. I like & prefer my bumpers. I just don’t like paying $40 for a cotton top so thin that I need them. Not drinking the crewlade on this one.
Speaking of price, the henley is $39.50 online and $42.50 in-store. Boo.
* J Crew – Perfect-fit ruffle henley – Same idea as above, but a much smaller ruffle.
* J.Jill – ruffle front henley
* J. Jill – sleeveless ruffle blouse – A little OT, but wanted to share as this is very similar to J * Crew’s silk Victoria cami.
* Lilly Pulitzer – Lela ruffle henley
* Martin + Osa – Georgette Long-Sleeve Henley – 50% off
* Check it out on Sugar and Spice.
Click here to join if you need to sign up. Just enter your email & a choose password when the page opens. There are other online shopping cashback programs, so you might want to research to find the best fit for you.