J Crew tweed motorcycle jacket with fringe (SP16, $188) runs regular 000 – 14 (E8493) P? – P12 (E9927) & tall T2 – T14 (E9928). Color choices are marine salt (MSA) and navy (NAV). 97% cotton, 3% other fibers exclusive of decoration/trimming, lining: 52% viscose, 48% polyester.
5/4/15 – Now $129.99
Size 6 – marine salt – Mood: serious contemplation. Size 6 is tts for me and as you can see it’s fitted. It felt like the right size, though. A petite would be a better fit for the arm length. It would be a special alteration to shorten the sleeve and keep the fringe.
I love the marine salt color. It’s like a warm white. Not creme.
It’s not going to camouflage the stomach area. I would probably not wear it zipped on most occasions, but it’s nice to have the option and feel good in it.
I wasn’t a big fan of it unzipped. However, I think size is a factor. An 8P (size 6 equivalent) would be scaled a bit better. I’m 5’0″, 34DD.
* Ballet cap-sleeve t-shirt (SU16, $29.50) – review
* Ballet cap-sleeve t-shirt in stripe (SU16, $34.50) – review
* Cotton cable sweater (SU16, $89.50) – review
* Gingham scarf (SU16, F2939, $59.50) – review
* Gingham sundress ($138) – review
* Indigo gauze popover shirt (SP15, $78) – still on the site in 2016 – review
* Marlo crossbody bag in leopard (nets $57 on this promo) – Gigi’s Gear
* Mini gingham bucket bag (nets $64 on this promo) – review
* Midi skirt in ornate lace (SP16, $128) – The navy is the skirt version of the dress (reviewed below). I tried on the white, sz 6. Another one where the scale doesn’t work on a petite frame. TTS, though. It’s a great, lightweight skirt. Should take you from the warmer spring months to early summer. There’s a circle detail at the hem that I like. Thumbsup.
* Patchwork-striped t-shirt (SU16, $55) – review
* Polka-dot regent blazer (nets $118 on this promo) – review
* Ruffled bell-sleeve shift dress in stripe (SP16, $98) – review
Size XS – chest = 35.5″, waist = 34.25″, hip = 38.5″
Size S – chest = 37.5″, waist = 36.25″, hip = 40.5″
* Ruffle-sleeve top (SP16, F0270, $79.50) – review
* Sheath dress in textured tweed (SP16, $158) – review
* Short-sleeve popover in white Irish linen – The long sleeve version of this blouse has fit very tts in the past. I wear 8P and tried on a 10P to get the slouchy look the model has. As with all 10P, once I get to that size the proportions simply don’t work. One issue this blouse has is there are no shoulder seams. The top extends from the neck down without seams to end the shoulder width and begin the sleeve. I wonder if this is a Somsack design because the body is boxy and the overall cut reminds me of Madewell. I would stick to your usual J. Crew blouse size. The linen is nice. Didn’t feel scratchy to me. Sidethumb.
* Short-sleeve shift dress in ornate lace (SP16, $148) – review
* Teddie pant ($89.50) – Gigi’s Gear
* Tie-front gingham shirt (SU16, $69.50)
Size 4 – chest = 39.75″
Size 6 – chest = 40.75″
* Wide-leg ponte pant (SP16, $79.50) – these come in grey now, in addition to black and navy – review
Thanks for stopping by!