…for every comment made in this post, The Obsessionista will donate a $1 to help the Haiti cause. She could donate the money without posting about it, but I like the idea that positive energy & well wishes are accompanying each comment made. Bless you, Mik.:-)
Keeping it light today. A short time ago, Dina did a post on how she watches The Real World. I thought Dina’s post was great because I thought I was the only one not in the target demographic still watching MTV. Also, Pamela talked about Jersey Shore in this post. I’ve watched a ton of TV for the past month now, so I’m very caught up on the latest shows, reality in particular. The topic used to create conflict w/my husband, aka G Money, who hates that I watch any of “that smut!” He thinks it’s a waste of time & brain function. There may be some validity to that. However, it’s something to half-pay attention to while I’m doing other things. I certainly don’t schedule my life around it & we don’t have TiVo. Now…
Shows I admit to watching at some point, if not regularly – And I gotta say…I’m probably missing a couple.
Keyshia Cole – The Way it Is
Queer Eye For the Straight Guy – G Money & I watched this together
Real Housewives of Atlanta
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
For the Love of Ray JI Wanna Work for Diddy
Fantasia For Real
Real Chance of Love – not all episodes, but I saw a lot of the 1st season
Shows I don’t watch
* Charm School
* Frank the Entertainer – Are you kidding.
* Jon & Kate + 8
* Real Housewives OC/NY/NJ
* Rock of Love – Seen a few episodes, though.
* Secrets of Aspen – Ridiculous, vacuous, uninteresting people. In the preview, Bird Brain #1 says,“You were wearing my clothes.” — to Bird Brain #2 who responds, “No, you were wearing MY clothes!” Newsflash, cast. It’s doubtful any of you will be getting book or TV deals.
* The Apprentice (or Celebrity Apprentice)
* The Bachelor/ette
* Tool Academy
And a host of others…
Ok, fess up.
(1) Which do you watch? And hey…. if you watch none of these, surely you’ve seen an award show.
(2) So…if you were a nominated for an award and would you clap for yourself when they called your name during your category?
(3) If you won, would you have a speech prepared?
(4) And in your speech, would you say you were “just happy to be nominated among this great group of women”?
I’ll go first….yes, I would clap for myself. I probably would not prepare a speech because I’d cry all over it anyway. And I would acknowledge the other nominees, but not say I was just happy to be nominated. Hate that cliche.
Lots of things I’m throwing around here, but have at it!
Music: The theme music for House is Teardrop by Massive Attack.
The theme music for Mad Men is A Beautiful Mine by Madder Men feat. DJ Swindeal – Congratulations to Mad Men for winning a Golden Globe!!!!