CYBER50 gets 50% off & free shipping sitewide at Loft.com. The promo started yesterday. The legalese says “for a limited time only.” However, an email I recvd this afternoon had a subject line stating that the offer ends tonite. What time? EST? CST? PST? I’m going to guess it’s EST, which means you only have a little bit of time ot make any final decisions. I tried on some things this afternoon & here are my impressions. I don’t have time to share pics if the promo is about to get cut off.
* Caramel stripe shift skirt (nets $30) – Fabric and colors look beautiful. It also comes in a curvy fit caramel stripe. The colors were a little dull/muted & could be difficult to match/contrast outside of Loft. I’m comparing thevibrancy to the Factory shiny stripe mini, which I liked. Loft skirt is TTS. Fit was good. 10p thumb. The colors.
* Modern cropped jeans in white (nets $27) – Ordered a regular 6, which fit fine. Maybe just a teense big. Definitely not fitted. They felt like thick chinos. I had to check the description to make sure they were jeans. Absolutely don’t like the cropped style. Nice fabric. Could be nice if cut works for you. They screamed mom pants to me. Side thumb.
* Curvy skinny ankle zip jeans in white (nets $35) – I take 6P/28 in the curvy modern jeans, but decided to go for 8P/29 since they’re white jeans. No go. Same issues as the one below. Sausage casings. Wrinkled legs. Bad. Return.
* Modern skinny zip ankle jeans in white (nets $35) – The zip ankles weren’t particularly noticeable, imo, and didn’t bother me like it did another site reviewer. The hip/thigh was fine. There were wrinkles on the sides of the legs, though, particularly from the knee down. Disappointing because my regular dark rinse wash are perfect. None of the wrinkle business. Tried my usual Loft size 8P. Although they’re white jean, I’m not sure going to a 10P is the answer. Return.
* Notch neck crepe dress (nets $40) – review – Yes, so most of the dresses at Loft are poly. But the cuts are so good. They’re not going to last forever, but you should be able to get a very low cost/wear at the 50% off price.
* Poplin full skirt (nets $25) – I saw this on the way out the door, unfortunately, so I couldn’t try it on. It was really, really cute. It’s very basic. On the lighterweight as far as fabric, but not too thin. It looked like it would hit the top of my knee. I would stick with regular 6. It has pockets. It also comes solid white, which I didn’t notice in-store so I have no impressions about opacity. Would get black, 6. Thumbsup.
* Pleated shoudler maxi dress (nets $45) – I wanted to try S. There was only M or XL. the top portion has a little bit of drape and is flattering to the midsection. It didn’t look too blousy or feel like too much material. The M fit well all over. Not too big under the arms and not too tight across the backside. I’m 5’0″ and it was long. I liked the flow of the M and could probably wear a S. However, I think I’d just go for PM to get the length right. I fyou’ve been looking at either of the silk maxis from J Crew and aren’t into the silk, try this one. It has more flow than the silk crepe, but not as wide and princess-y as the collection silk crepe. I felt pretty & elegant, yet casual in it. Would get black, PM. Thumbsup.
* Paisley romper w/4″inseam (nets $40) – If you’re dying for a romper, this might be for you. Take the smaller of your 2 sizes. However, I wasn’t a fan of the paisley print. It was just too busy, esp since the top portion of the romper was loose and roomy. The bottom/shorts do get tighter in the smaller size (4 in my case), but overall it was definitely the better fit. I was thinking it’s doable in solid black, which I didn’t see in-store but is available in black online. Not a solid thumbsup, but pretty good. I don’t have a lot of experience w/adult rompers. lol 10:30 – 11 thumb.
* Tweed pencil skirt (nets $30) – I tried on a 6 and it was too tight. It’s like the lining is making it tighter than you’d expect it to be. However, once you’re in it, it doesn’t look too tight or vavoom. I would get an 8. Nice fabric. Nice colors. It also comes in a curvy fit stripe tweed. If I got that one, I would get my regular size 6. If I wore skirts more, I’d get this one. Thumbsup.
* Crepe bell skirt (nets $30) – Only in black. I kind of have my eye on skirts for this post because Loft cuts the dresses so well and the skirts generally are, too. Also, since J Crew lovers only really get a choice of minis or pencils, it’s nice to present some other options.
* Denim pencil skirt in saturated rinse wash (nets $30) – I doubt I’d wear this, but I want it anyway. lol Probably cut very well & tts.
* Space dye stripe maxi dress (nets $45) – Their dresses are winners, most of them. This one probably is, too. I would choose PM.
* Tile jacquard Riviera shorts 4″ inseam (nets $27) – Likely TTS. A great option if J Crew’s 3″ inseams are unappealing. I would choose regular 6.