Announcing a New Arrival Contest. A Gigi’s New Arrival. J Crew has new arrivals and so do I. Well, singular. I’m waiting for the stork. Knocked up. Fallen pregnant. With child. Doin’ the bump. Er….guess we did the bump. We are happy, excited, pleased, relieved and more. You may or may not have noticed fewer Gigi’s Gear (OOTD) posts and fewer dressing room pics. I have taken some, but have been hanging onto them until I decided to share the news. And I can’t even tell you the number of pics I snapped, wondering why clothes weren’t fitting and not knowing I was pregs.
I’ll start a baby blog soon. I will keep this blog, to some degree. I’m not exactly sure how it will work. The deal is that the fibroids have me showing already in these first couple of months. They have returned as a result of the estrogen from pregnancy. I’ve been in maternity pants for a few weeks now. I can still try on regular clothes to some degree but I can’t always gauge sizing because my stomach is that big already. Anyway, I think if I don’t look too pregnant in something, I will post it here. If I can check out things irl, I will make comments and posts here, even if I can’t try them on. If I’m showing more in the things I try on & snap pics of or the items are straight maternity, I’ll post them on the new blog. I expect that the baby blog will be a bit different because it won’t be clothing only, but I’ll get into that over there. Not sure what I’ll do with Facebook. I don’t really want to mix maternity posts with regular clothing posts. That’s the plan for now.
6/26/10 ETA: Mini G update in this post.
Now here’s how to win the $50 prize: I need a blog title. I like my catchy title here and I want a catchy one for the new blog. Gigi Got Knocked up is pretty funny to me, but if I continue the blog through the toddler years, that won’t really apply. I also thought of Gigi Pushing Up Stroller, but it doesn’t exaaaactly work. Surely someone here can some up with a good title. Suggest a blog title and I will pick the winner from the entries. The winner can choose from a $50 gift card from J Crew or Anthro. Your choice. Tip: It would be nice if ‘Gigi’ is in the blog title, however, it doesn’t have to be.
The Rules – please read in entirety
1) Suggest a blog title + leave your email in the comments.
2) I will choose the winner based on the title that resonates the most with me. I’m sure I will appreciate all entries.
3) I will post the winner’s name in the comments section of this post and also send an email.
4) If the winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours of the time I send an email or I do not hear from them based on the winning info posted here, I’ll pick the next favorite as the winner.
5) If I don’t pick one of the suggested blog titles, I will still draw from the entries — so someone will win.
6) I am accepting worldwide entries. If overseas, you must be able to use the Anthro or J Crew gift card online as I can email the card info to you.
7) Contest ends Wednesday, 5/26, 11:59 PST.
8) Entries after that date/time will be deleted.
Anthro – $50 or less
J Crew – $50 or less
p.s. Many of us are at different stages in our lives and our crossover interest, of course, is fashion. I don’t expect everyone to follow me on the new blog and that’s ok. I want to acknowledge anyone that may have mixed feelings about hearing news like this. If you’ve been ‘shooting to score’ and still waiting for the goal, it’s not always fun hearing someone else’s news. I had to work thru those feelings a number of times. However you feel, consider a visit now and again. On the new blog I plan on talking about all the stuff I read about & tried the TTC effort…uh….moonstone ring?