I missed out on J Crew’s Martina wedges in the nude sale color. I suppose it’s fine because I think the Martina patent wedges (50472, $228) in apricot mist are more flattering in color to my skin tone. I should’ve purchased them during the global 30% at the end of 2012, but I was convinced that the sale color was the more attractive color. I love the comfort & fit of the Martina wedges, but also felt I could find something similar for cheaper than $160. Operative word is cheap. I would bring the cost/wear down so fast on these. I don’t know what I was thinking other than being
* Vince Camuto – I have a pair of Camuto boots, TTS. Love them. They fit well right away and I’m even able to shop in them. You bow what to do! (slaps knee)
* Nine West – It’s hard to look at open-toe shoes right now. I thought the trend would last a few seasons and be gone. Not so in the age of cost cutting. Open toe is here to stay. At least for awhile. I like this color.
* Van Eli -I don’t recall trying on anything by Van Eli. Yet. I’ve definitely seen the brand.
* Ivanka Trump – I love her shoes & highly recommend them. I’ve loved the fit of each pair I’ve tried on, whether they were my personal style or not. She tends to run TTS. The shoes are often leather with leather linings.
* Donald Pliner -I don’t own any Pliner. I’m not sure I’ve tried any on. I’ve definitely admired them online.
* Nine West -They always have so many choices. Many on-trend and many that are classic. Comfort is supreme these days, so if they have to feel good right away or I don’t buy or keep. That can be a challenge as most shoes have taken a hit in quality, along with clothing. And many leather shoes have man-made soles. Not always good for the tootsies.
I love wedges. With the heel spanning the sole of the shoe, I feel like I have a sure footing. Unlike pumps with narrow heels. I feel more like I’m striding in wedges, than trying to avoid the clump-clump sound of heels. Wedges lengthen the legs, too. Sure, some can look like you’re standing in blocks of cement, but don’t get those. Get ones that look sleek and visually extend your leg length.
Thanks for visiting…