From a reader:
“Okay, I’m sure this is waaaaay out of my budget range and I can’t even find it anywhere…BUT, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO in love with this dress!!!!!
2009 so that’s why I can’t find the dress which is A.L.C. navy & white striped maxi dress.”
* Ella Moss ($198) – The flow on this one looks very similar to our inspiration. Not as full, of course. Fabric type is not mentioned. Has a light shelf bra inside.
* Feel the Piece ($162) – Our reader is tall, so she could pull this off. The skirt has a nice flow like our inspiration. The tie is cute on this one and a v-neck flatters almost everyone.
* Arden B ($69) – I haven’t been into Arden B in a long time. I think they do what they do very well. I have no clue what to make of this dress since the model has contorted herself in it. What an S curve she’s made. Anyway, it’s worth seeing if the store has it if you’re in the mall. ETA – I was near a store and saw the dress in the window. It’s very thin. It also has a cutout in the back and a seaming that gathers at the rear where a bustle would be. Sexpot stuff.
* AG Jeans ($69) – The hem on this is a subtle high-low. Square neck isn’t great on me, personally, but it’s a nice cut. The tie breaks up the top and bottom a bit.
* Culture Fit ($160) – Another one w/an allover flow similar to our inspiration.
* Splendid ($148) – Halter is another one I don’t wear, personally, but I appreciate the style. I think this is a really cute option. Shopbop has free shipping both ways. I just received my first order from them. A Marc Jacobs bracelet that didn’t work out. The experience was nice & easy and I will definitely order something in the future, I’m sure.
ETA: Ema suggested this dress. I saw it, but the stripes didn’t match the inspiration enough for me. However, the flow is there and the price is, too (sale $86.40). Oh wait…here is another Aqua maxi @ Bloomies ($108) where black is dominant and the stripes are wider. Much closer than the one below.
Aqua maxi @ Bloomies
Ok, Reader-reader bo beeder fo fi fo fo leader do deeder deeder bo beeder…Reader! Hope you like these options.
Anyone remember doing that with a classmate’s name? We did it all the time.
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.