…well at least thru tonite, 8/26.
Use BRLIKEYOU for 25% off. If you have a Gap family card, they like you more long time with BRCARD30 for 30% off. I got one of the Friends & Family emails for 50% off up to 5 regular price items, in-store only. I wanted to try on the white one-button blazer ($130) I’d already felt it up a few days ago and loved the fabric. I knew I didn’t need it because I already have a white one-button blazer, perfect for shouting Le plane! Le plane! I wore it the other day, quite successfully until I looked down and saw a smidge of Nars lip gloss on the lapel. I put some soda water on it, but I fear I’m too late. We’ll see what the drycleaner is able to do. In the meantime, I did get the blazer shown below in 6P. I loooove it. It has on the underside of the collar, like the ones we don’t like at JC. It’s a caramel color. The sleeves don’t have a contrast lining. What I like about the blazer is the fit. It’s a little longer than the one w/the stain on it, which is closer to a schoolboy fit. I also like the 2 deep pockets on the front.
* Chainlink print top – I held the white one up to me and didn’t think it was great. Then I tried it on w/the white blazer and it looked really good. On promo for $38.50 and the addtl discount applies.
* Contrast trim one-button blazer ($130) – It’s not a stark white, btw. It’s a muted shade either spot on a winter white or close to it. The fabric is a heavier weight, too. If you eschew the no-white-after-Labor-Day tradition, this will work thru fall and layered winter, depending on your climate.
* Chainlink silk scarf ($59.50) – On promo for $49.50. I was very attracted to this, but thought of the scarves I own and don’t need another one. It’s nice to see a silk scarf.
* Chain print tank ($22.50) – This was perfect in PM. It was so nice to be in a tank that doesn’t have the shoulder straps falling out. It was fitted and just didn’t work on my stomach. Not even at half off. I’m moving away from that line of thinking. If it’s not working, it doesn’t matter the price.
* Sloan fit slim ankle pant ($89.50) – One or two JCAs have raved about these. I have to agree that if the Minnie didn’t work for you, try these on. I tried 6P and was pretty sure that was the right fit, but tried 8P to be sure. They started bagging around the front hip area, so I knew 6P was the right size. I imagine they’ll stretch a little when wearing. They’re fitted, like the Minnie. Love the cabernet/wine color. Navy was nice, too, even though it didn’t look good on me. The cinnamon color reminds me of JC’s bronzed twig.
* Ashley bow flat ($98) – I have these in a bright, cobalt type blue and in classic black. These are so comfortable. I wear them around for the day, but they are also carried in the stroller sometimes or in my car for backup shoes in case I don’t make a full day in heels. Loveth. They have introduced new colors, plus the houndstooth and velvet options.
A few accessories. I tried the necklace on, but didn’t like the double strands. It took away from the necklace on me. If you have a longer neck, you might have a different experience. I like the brooches used. I liked the stone stretch bracelet a lot. If you have J Crew jewelry that’s similar, you’re covered. The stones are cut in different shapes so that, plus their clear color, makes it a little blingy. In a rustic way.
Mixed pop stone bracelet ($49.50) – This bracelet matches the necklace up above. Same cool brooches. They’re not heavy by the way. That’s what you get when you don’t find brooches in a thrift store & make your own. They did a nice job on the design of each. I.e. the center of the goldtone flower is a yellow bead. The bracelet feels special even though it’s lightweight & mass produced.
If you are shopping in-store with the Friends & Family, keep in mind that the cologne is eligible for one of your 5 regular price items @ 50% off. The SA got a successful suggestive with me. I grabbed the Dark Slate for my husband since he hasn’t worn it for awhile. I’m not seeing any cologne or perfume online, so it’s in-store only.
p.s. Remember Ebates. Click here to join.