Gigi welcomes guest blogger…
With Fall quickly approaching, many of us are thinking of what chic pieces we should be on the lookout for to get our wardrobes ready. I’ve come up with 5 totally fab items that will surely give your wardrobe some pizazz!
1. Animal Print Accessories– Animal print/calf hair accessories were very popular last Fall and Winter and they are going to be hot again this year. Belts, purses, shoes–its all good. But you can take the animal print a step further with scarves and other cold weather items. If you are having problems wondering how to wear them, think of them as a neutral items–which means they “match” with just about anything!
2. A Trench Coat– A good trench coat, in any color is definitely a great wardrobe addition. Going with the typical khaki color is not passe at all! This Fall you will see many in salmon-like colors, different variations of tan and also in animal prints. On me- Lands’ End Canvas jacket, Louis Vuitton scarf, Talbots trousers. Second trench was also featured in this post. Similar trench here, here and here
3. Skinny Jeans/Jeggings– A good pair of jeans, as any woman/man knows, goes a long way! Skinny jeans have been pretty popular for a while now and even with flare jeans creeping up as the next popular pick–the skinny jean still rules in my book. I recently bought a pair from Old Navy that I LOVE–their Rock Star Jegging/skinny jeans are wonderful!
4. Stars and Stripes- Stripes were pretty hot all Spring and Summer and they will still be cool thsi Fall! Along with them are many items with star accents–I’m not kidding. Wearing both or either is great fun! Sweater Dress- Yoox
Sweater from Land’s End Canvas
5. High Heel Loafers– I do not own a pair of these yet, but I am longing for a pair! (below, Nine West) They are my idea of “classic chic”–great for work and play. Shoes like these, which can be worn with jeans or slacks always look stylish and posh.
Fast Style Tip: You don’t have to try every single one of these items out–one or two of them will help your closet liven up for the cooler weather coming. Also, many sores already have sales on Fall items, if you can believe it. Be on the look out now for some great deals. Some of the stores I’d check out are Urban Outfitters, Gap, Old Navy and Piperlime.
Which of the “Fab 5” will you try?!